Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Pictures of the first speakers I made, and the second ones. Made both versions for my PC and they're powered with a Lepy LP-2024A+ amp. Pleased with the second ones, the design especially, their execution had plenty of room for improvement. They sound... a lot better than my monitor speakers.

Attachments

• Version 1 (Front).jpg
    Version 1 (Front).jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 1,669
  • Version 1 (Back).jpg
    Version 1 (Back).jpg
    913.4 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 6b. Base pieces.jpg
    6b. Base pieces.jpg
    805.6 KB · Views: 1,544
  • 7b. Inlayed in baffles.jpg
    7b. Inlayed in baffles.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 10. Finished.jpg
    10. Finished.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 1,463
  • In action.jpg
    In action.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 466
Line array for home theatre project made just for curiosity

Beacuse of low budget I used misco "less than" full range drivers and when I concluded the work I realized that I must make at least 40 cm to 1m high stand to enjoy the produced sound. I must say that the vertical Off axis sound is tragical, but the horizontal is better maybe magnificent? Sorry for my english... Best regards.

Attachments

• IMG_20160527_213811.jpg
    IMG_20160527_213811.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 393
Latest pair of boxes

I got some time this past weekend to build another pair of boxes for a pair of a7,s

Cherry on cherry this time with a nice piece of curly for the front baffles. I was able to get a nice camber shape on my smoother plane iron so there was no need for sandpaper on the front baffles, they went straight from the plane to finish. Here is a few pics of the process and the finished boxes out getting a little suntan

Attachments

• IMG368.jpg
    IMG368.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG367.jpg
    IMG367.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG364.jpg
    IMG364.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG345.jpg
    IMG345.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 448
Beacuse of low budget I used misco "less than" full range drivers and when I concluded the work I realized that I must make at least 40 cm to 1m high stand to enjoy the produced sound. I must say that the vertical Off axis sound is tragical, but the horizontal is better maybe magnificent? Sorry for my english... Best regards.

That's the pattern of line arrays. They limit vertical dispersion, so for a room that has a lot of resonance from floor and ceiling, it is better.

You will need a lot of EQ, but yes, the horizontal dispersion is great, isn't it?

Enjoy!

That's the pattern of line arrays. They limit vertical dispersion, so for a room that has a lot of resonance from floor and ceiling, it is better.

You will need a lot of EQ, but yes, the horizontal dispersion is great, isn't it?

Enjoy!
Thank you, the horizontal dispersion is better indeed, and the system act well in a big or small living room even outside the house. For the EQ I have in mind a good reference speakers "and ears" from a known guy to tune this system up, this will be a long learning road. If there will be another project depending on budget and my health, I may do some adjustments (depends on what I did learn till now and from now on) and use better and maybe more drivers with more wide freq. range, maybe each with own amp.?, the installed ones have a freq. range from 250Hz to 18000 Hz, the nominal power is 36W on cabinet and choice of 2x6 ohm (Each cabinet is now driven by two 26W discrete s.state ab amp.) or 12 ohm serial. Best regards.

Not my work - I merely supplied the Tymphany Kevlar-cone 6 ohm drivers used in this Tabaq build by a DIYer in Pune, India. However, the out-of-the-box colour scheme struck me as being considerably different from the stuff I normally encounter in the local DIY scene.

Attachments

• tabaq_tymphany_aniruddha82.jpg
    tabaq_tymphany_aniruddha82.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 1,603
Not my work - I merely supplied the Tymphany Kevlar-cone 6 ohm drivers used in this Tabaq build by a DIYer in Pune, India. However, the out-of-the-box colour scheme struck me as being considerably different from the stuff I normally encounter in the local DIY scene.

Even the in-line filter (?) is an interesting style :up:

My latest built: full range speakers inside IKEA Lack 110 cm shelves.

2a4q1sk.jpg

ogg9wz.jpg

I’ll post a step by step building manual, if someone is interested …
Ciao.
Luca

I have also over the years have searched for unlikely ready made enclosures and then reverse engineer to choose the the driver. I like your solution here. I would be concerned that the Lack shelf material is vey light ( not dense) and would vibrate and resonate uncontrollably. How do you deal with this?