Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery - Page 173 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th August 2011, 07:40 PM   #1721
nuconz is offline nuconz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRUGIVO View Post
lowther ex4 in hedlund horn

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
now this is inert! got a pair of them. had some BOFUs in them.

what does the foam in the horn do for the response?
Old 27th August 2011, 08:00 PM   #1722
FRUGIVO is offline FRUGIVO  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuconz View Post
now this is inert! got a pair of them. had some BOFUs in them.

what does the foam in the horn do for the response?
decrease midrange
and simply for aesthetic
Old 30th August 2011, 11:22 PM   #1723
diyAudio Member

Default BiB and can be beautiful...

Here are my latest additions, a pair of BiBs with Fostex 108 Sigma units. The overall height was increased to raise the units to listening heights. The units and spikes are not installed, that'll be done when I'm back from my travels. I did have occassion to listen to them before embarking on the paint-job. The sound: magic from the get-go, timbre and imaging is very impressive and the bass deepens with time (i.e. break-in). All in all a nice, simple, project that's well worth trying. They're made from 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch, sealed, primed and lacquered with numerous layers for a perfect reflection
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0045small.JPG (963.5 KB, 1833 views)
Old 31st August 2011, 12:20 AM   #1724
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmeister View Post
Here are my latest additions, a pair of BiBs with Fostex 108 Sigma units. The overall height was increased to raise the units to listening heights. The units and spikes are not installed, that'll be done when I'm back from my travels. I did have occassion to listen to them before embarking on the paint-job. The sound: magic from the get-go, timbre and imaging is very impressive and the bass deepens with time (i.e. break-in). All in all a nice, simple, project that's well worth trying. They're made from 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch, sealed, primed and lacquered with numerous layers for a perfect reflection
Wow, you sure went overboard on the primer coat. So what color are you gonna paint them? Seriously, I'm not big on the color, I see that inside electric motors, but the execution of the finish is flawless. Nice job!
Old 31st August 2011, 12:42 AM   #1725
gychang is offline gychang  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmeister View Post
The sound: magic from the get-go, timbre and imaging is very impressive and the bass deepens with time (i.e. break-in). All in all a nice, simple, project that's well worth trying. They're made from 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch, sealed, primed and lacquered with numerous layers for a perfect reflection
cabinet looks fantastic!, like the feet and top and finish is top grade.
Old 31st August 2011, 02:51 PM   #1726
diyAudio Member

>>> Wow, you sure went overboard on the primer coat. So what color are you gonna paint them?

LOL. I saved your pic to my computer and named it Beautiful-BIB! They look fantastic! BTW, i think back to when Ed Schilling was selling off his remaining stock of 108 cheap to replace with the 126e... I should have bought the 108!!! Enjoy them!
Old 31st August 2011, 05:43 PM   #1727
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
>>> Wow, you sure went overboard on the primer coat. So what color are you gonna paint them?

LOL. I saved your pic to my computer and named it Beautiful-BIB! They look fantastic! BTW, i think back to when Ed Schilling was selling off his remaining stock of 108 cheap to replace with the 126e... I should have bought the 108!!! Enjoy them!
Godzilla, thanks for the positive feedback. You've had a lot to do with the quality of the end-product; so a big "thank you" for that as well. They really do sound great, the more I listen(ed) to them - unfortunately I am now away from home for 4 months - the more I appreciate the design of the speaker and the quality of the 108's. I'm glad I wasn't aware of Ed's dealings, that could have cost me some serious money...
I've attached two detail photo of the feet, spikes will be added later, important to me as it was my first trial-run with a new router. The second photo shows a reflection of the wooden floor, not the speaker's wood-texture itself. Once I'm back home and have re-inserted the units, attached the grills and spikes I may place a few more photos here.
Thanks also to gychang and rcavictim for their (funny) comments. This really is a great forum and these speakers would not have been built without it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0037small.JPG (726.5 KB, 1566 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0050small.JPG (968.2 KB, 1376 views)

Last edited by Ronmeister; 31st August 2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 31st August 2011, 05:50 PM   #1728
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
It's great to see that people care about the finish, i don't :P
Mine are still untreated particle board with the top-piece being a little too large on both speakers needing to be fixed.
Old 31st August 2011, 05:59 PM   #1729
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Yet Rullknufs you care about how your amplifier looks...!

Ronmeister, kudos on the finish.
Old 31st August 2011, 06:03 PM   #1730
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Yet Rullknufs you care about how your amplifier looks...!

Ronmeister, kudos on the finish.
Yes, my amplifier looks insanely good. But the speakers don't, unfortunately

Well, i must say the red speakers above are really beautiful (although red is not my fav color). But it reminds me a little of the Focal Scala Grand Utopia i listened to which were red too

Hide this!Advertise here!