Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery - Page 169 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd August 2011, 09:41 PM   #1681
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
yeah, that works...except the wife wants them further back.
What about moving the ladder/shelves to the outside then the speakers to the inside? Does WAF allow that?
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:49 PM   #1682
diyAudio Member

Chuyler1,

Very nice work, nice natural look.

vac
Old 24th August 2011, 10:40 AM   #1683
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to soundbrigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbrigade View Post
chuyler1: What kind of drivers?
Sorry my nagging, but what was the cost of the drivers, and where duid you obtain them?
Old 24th August 2011, 02:11 PM   #1684
diyAudio Member

Mark Audio is a sponsor here. There is a whole sub-forum dedicated to his drivers and these plans. I obtained the drivers from Madisound Speaker Components | Loudspeaker drivers and speaker parts for loudspeaker builders. ($110/each). I'm not sure if they ship internationally.

I thought about moving the ladder shelves last night (funny you should mention it). I like the wide stage though and I think that may put them too close. I move them 1' out and 1' closer and that has already made a slight improvement.
Old 24th August 2011, 08:49 PM   #1685
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Mark Audio is a sponsor here. There is a whole sub-forum dedicated to his drivers and these plans. I obtained the drivers from Madisound Speaker Components | Loudspeaker drivers and speaker parts for loudspeaker builders. ($110/each). I'm not sure if they ship internationally.

I thought about moving the ladder shelves last night (funny you should mention it). I like the wide stage though and I think that may put them too close. I move them 1' out and 1' closer and that has already made a slight improvement.

I'd try flipping them anyway - all the Alpair metals I've heard do a great job of staging wider than the driver placement, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bookcases when loaded with a few ornaments, etc provided a small degree of smoothing to corner/boundary loading that the 10's hardly need in these enclosures in a smallish room.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:08 PM   #1686
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I obtained the drivers from Madisound Speaker Components | Loudspeaker drivers and speaker parts for loudspeaker builders. ($110/each). I'm not sure if they ship internationally.
Madisound has shipped to me in Canada a few times- very smooth transactions with zero problems. I think they ship worldwide, though it is always best to double-check on costs, etc.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:10 PM   #1687
diyAudio Member

The room is pretty big. 16x24' (you're looking at the 16' wall). I'll definitely try it out. I've already tried them in front of the bookcases and it definitely resolves the clarity of the center image...but I just don't like to leave them there obviously.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:12 PM   #1688
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy View Post
Madisound has shipped to me in Canada a few times- very smooth transactions with zero problems. I think they ship worldwide, though it is always best to double-check on costs, etc.
They do ship international, it says so on the front page.
Madisound International Shipping
Read that for information.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:19 PM   #1689
diyAudio Member

gychang, sorry you went thru the effort to build those voigt pipes. They are elegant shapes. Mine are sitting unused without drivers installed.

Those alpar pencils look great. Please describe the differences you hear compared to the fh... When you get a chance, please.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:36 AM   #1690
nuconz is offline nuconz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
gychang, sorry you went thru the effort to build those voigt pipes. They are elegant shapes. Mine are sitting unused without drivers installed.

are the VP worth building?

Hide this!Advertise here!