Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery - Page 160 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2011, 05:17 AM   #1591
Bluto is offline Bluto  United States
diyAudio Member

Gorgeous Mac
Old 26th June 2011, 12:39 PM   #1592
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetubeguy1954
Dave,

Are the plans for those Woden Victors available anywhere?

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)
Old 26th June 2011, 04:57 PM   #1593
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
Are the plans for those Woden Victors available anywhere?
Woden Design | Fostex

dave
Old 29th June 2011, 03:32 PM   #1594
theJman is offline theJman  United States
diyAudio Member

I've been a fan of full range/wideband speakers for a relatively short period of time; probably less then 2 years at this point. While exploring what's available I've been silently reading a number of forums, including those dedicated to the DIY individual, trying to enhance my knowledge. Not that I'm capable of building anything mind you, but more for my own curiosity (I find this stuff fascinating, to be completely honest).

Over the course of the past week I've gone through this entire thread, and I have to say that I am completely amazed by what you folks are capable of. The designs, craftsmanship and ingenuity I've encountered in these 160 pages is absolutely stunning. I envy your skill and abilities. Some of you are truly gifted in that regard. IMHO, there are a couple of people here who should consider building speakers for a living (assuming you aren't already, of course).

I really have nothing of value to contribute -- just my 2 cents, which is not terribly significant or germane -- so I'll refrain from saying anything else. But I did want you to know that there are reticent neophytes lurking about, some of which are in awe of what you've been able to conceive and produce.
Old 29th June 2011, 03:43 PM   #1595
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJman View Post
I've been a fan of full range/wideband speakers for a relatively short period of time; probably less then 2 years at this point. While exploring what's available I've been silently reading a number of forums, including those dedicated to the DIY individual, trying to enhance my knowledge. Not that I'm capable of building anything mind you, but more for my own curiosity (I find this stuff fascinating, to be completely honest).

Over the course of the past week I've gone through this entire thread, and I have to say that I am completely amazed by what you folks are capable of. The designs, craftsmanship and ingenuity I've encountered in these 160 pages is absolutely stunning. I envy your skill and abilities. Some of you are truly gifted in that regard. IMHO, there are a couple of people here who should consider building speakers for a living (assuming you aren't already, of course).

I really have nothing of value to contribute -- just my 2 cents, which is not terribly significant or germane -- so I'll refrain from saying anything else. But I did want you to know that there are reticent neophytes lurking about, some of which are in awe of what you've been able to conceive and produce.

It's presumptuous to speak for the group, but may I say that a little opening flattery will go a long way - but as anyone who's actually tried it can attest, turning a hobby like this into a viable commercial enterprise is much harder than it looks.
Old 29th June 2011, 06:11 PM   #1596
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
It's presumptuous to speak for the group, but may I say that a little opening flattery will go a long way
Rest assured that I wasn't kissing tushie with that post - no brownie points for me! Seriously... I really am impressed by the expertise I see here. There are some skilled individuals, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
but as anyone who's actually tried it can attest, turning a hobby like this into a viable commercial enterprise is much harder than it looks.
I'm not dismissing the complexity or effort associated to opening your own business; I know, I tried it myself. What I see though are a few people who have unique designs and ideas, ones that no one else does. Often that results in success, but a startup is certainly a tremendous undertaking.
Old 1st July 2011, 02:38 AM   #1597
diyAudio Member

Here are my Martello's I just finished today. They use the Fountek FR88EX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martello speaker 29a.JPG (342.4 KB, 1704 views)
File Type: jpg Martello speaker 23a.JPG (233.5 KB, 1608 views)
File Type: jpg Martello speaker 26a.JPG (217.7 KB, 1526 views)
Old 1st July 2011, 09:26 AM   #1598
diyAudio Member

malibujeff, they look gorgeous.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:00 PM   #1599
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibujeff View Post
Here are my Martello's I just finished today. They use the Fountek FR88EX.
Now see, this is exactly what I was talking about. Just look at those pic's, I mean really look at them. Study the details and craftsmanship. Incredible.

Last edited by theJman; 1st July 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:55 PM   #1600
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetubeguy1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJman View Post
Now see, this is exactly what I was talking about. Just look at those pic's, I mean really look at them. Study the details and craftsmanship. Incredible.
I agree with you 100% Jman. Malibujeff's Martellos are indeed an incredible work of art, making then visually as wonderful to look at as I suspect they are aurally to listen to!

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Hide this!Advertise here!