Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

and adding a variable BSC.

Very nice work. Is the variable part a variable resistor or something more complex?

My understanding is that a BSC is easiest approximated using a parallel combination of a resistor and inductor which is in series with the driver.

Increasing the resistor increases the ammount of BSC loss and the inductor controls the tunover frequency.

Hi navin,
You are right about BSC network.
I only use a variable resistor and a coil. In this case I add a cap (1,8 uF) in parallel with BSC to increase high frequencies level.
So I can adjust midrange according room, amp or music.
Phil.

Would you put up a the schematic with values of your BSC. I have used BSCs with my Fostex speakers.

Here's my trapezoid boxes for the FE-126en drivers ( Blue boxes) and the FF-125wk drivers in the (Black boxes). This box design is still a work in progress after a year and will be in-till I get it right :confused:. Jeff

Attachments

• IMG025.jpg
    IMG025.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1,688
  • IMG029.jpg
    IMG029.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 1,642
Last edited:
EmKen

Here's one of my P10 EmKen beta build 'speakers - none too purdy but mightily mind blowing:)
A second far nicer pair are on the way at my GF's insistence after they got thrashed at our house warming party (pic taken in my man cave flat)

Attachments

• DSCF0751.jpg
    DSCF0751.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 2,026
Here's one of my P10 EmKen beta build 'speakers - none too purdy but mightily mind blowing:)
A second far nicer pair are on the way at my GF's insistence after they got thrashed at our house warming party (pic taken in my man cave flat)

probably not the only task performed for that reason

and count yourself lucky if those are the same ones we might imagine ;), but some of us can't quite (remember how to) achieve

Karlson Dipol loudspeaker Pilot-I

very interesting. what it this?

Speaker from Kiev, Ukraine - Karlson Dipol loudspeaker Pilot-I.
One speaker, collected three acoustic design: dipole, tapering horn and K-Coupler from J. Carlson.

basic parameters:
Floor-type, passive, like dipolar
characteristics
Number of pages - 3
Sensitivity - 92 dB
Impedance 4 ohms
Frequency response - 37-25000 Hz
Type of crossover - the first order.
emitters
Speaker type Dynamic
RF transmitter front dome (aluminum)
Mid-radiator 130 mm (polypropylene)
Bass radiator 200 mm - 2 pcs. (paper)
additionally
Dimensions (WxHxD) 270x1400x270 mm.
Materіal - furniture board (beech).
Weight 25 kg.
:)

probably not the only task performed for that reason
and count yourself lucky if those are the same ones we might imagine ;), but some of us can't quite (remember how to) achieve

These are the very same speakers Dave:D
A few details:
Planet10 EmKen - Only 3 pairs made (so far?), each pair being unique.
Size: 40 inches tall.... the rest you can guess.
P10 'Fonken' enclosure made from 18mm WBP ply with removable back and adjustable resistive vent length, currently set at maximum, damping is currently a mixture of thick upholsterers felt and...... no less than 7 oldish towels.
Mid to High 90's efficiancy.
Frequency response: They go as high as the 12Lta can and I dont know how low, but low enough to get the job done.
Drive unit: Eminence Beta 12 Lta - Caulk damped magnet/basket, felt on inside of basket legs, basket grounding, dust cap removed, custom phase plugs and pluffed whizzers----12Lta's need A LOT of run in time, mine had near 100hrs in free air and a few thrashings in cabinet (parties - every time they return home they sound better and Hotblack Desiato was made proud :D), day in day out music playing / being gamed through and till they are run in, I am postponing EnAble.
For me, the single wide range driver per channel concept works, the losses are totally out weighed by the gains. Some times there is a feeling of a lack of solidity in the lower end of the cabinets tuning and I am looking into a remedy for this.......... no doubt (read 'I hope') it / they will be large and equally as scary :devily:
Thanks to Dave / P10, JKRO (phase plug sorter outer), Matt the carpenter and a numpty who managed to put himself out of busyness unaided.

Speaker from Kiev, Ukraine - Karlson Dipol loudspeaker Pilot-I.
One speaker, collected three acoustic design: dipole, tapering horn and K-Coupler from J. Carlson.

basic parameters:
Floor-type, passive, like dipolar
characteristics
Number of pages - 3
Sensitivity - 92 dB
Impedance 4 ohms
Frequency response - 37-25000 Hz
Type of crossover - the first order.
emitters
Speaker type Dynamic
RF transmitter front dome (aluminum)
Mid-radiator 130 mm (polypropylene)
Bass radiator 200 mm - 2 pcs. (paper)
additionally
Dimensions (WxHxD) 270x1400x270 mm.
Materіal - furniture board (beech).
Weight 25 kg.
:)

can't really tell much about this design from the photo. are there plans? didn't find any on the Web.