Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

1. back

Attachments

• 6666666666.JPG
    6666666666.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,137
agreed - just ask Josh Stippich

electron luv | hi-fi vacuum tube atomic age audio, amplifiers, guitar amps, speakers, horns, Salt Lake City, UT

or Jeffrey Jackson:

http://sixmoons.com/industryfeatures/vsac20083/ExperienceMusicb.jpg

well of course none of these would fit our definition of "full range" - or the 800 sq ft bachelor apartment in which we'd be residing if we tried to bring a pair home
Very impressive and would love to hear them. Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) about -100!

Any plans available for those cabs? Would like to see a drawing.
Don

Hi Don!

Not yet. Will probably make specified plans later when I get the time.
Basically they're about 29 liters each, measuring about 900mm high (+ outriggers and spikes) about 200/140mm wide and 320/290mm deep. Vented either from the bottom or back, haven't decided yet.
Baffle 30mm MDF (CNC'd) and sides and bottom 22-25mm, maybe a couple braces to further stiffen the construction. Also surfaces covered in one layer of woven fibreglass mainly for finishing purposes.

Suggestions welcome about vent placing btw. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
For me its best value/money I`v tried in fullrange category. Its hard to describe sound by words. If to be short - I am satisfied). Built a lot of speakers with them.
300SWR is good driver, but as any big diameter fullranger - better to listen from 3 meters, not closer. I like it very much, used it recently in big volume labyrinth enclosure. Gives big scale of images and is suprisingly transparent for 12incher.

Overall of Sonido have detailed, but smooth balanced and comfort sound. Due to flat wire coil at SFR types - highs are now stretching up to 20K and more transparent. Need to burn in 150-200 hours.

You can check more sonido projects at my page noted below, in signature part.

Attachments

• DSCF0908 - ?????.JPG
    DSCF0908 - ?????.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 2,232
Last edited:
For me its best value/money I`v tried in fullrange category. Its hard to describe sound by words. If to be short - I am satisfied). Built a lot of speakers with them.
300SWR is good driver, but as any big diameter fullranger - better to listen from 3 meters, not closer. I like it very much, used it recently in big volume labyrinth enclosure. Gives big scale of images and is suprisingly transparent for 12incher.

Overall of Sonido have detailed, but smooth balanced and comfort sound. Due to flat wire coil at SFR types - highs are now stretching up to 20K and more transparent. Need to burn in 150-200 hours.

I haven't heard of them before. Looks very good. I mainly use the Fostex FE206En (8").

Great work Charcoal, I enjoy the attention to detail!

In our local (Central European) Audio Community we’re ‘hearing’ more and more good things about the Sonido drivers lately. The 300SWR is an interesting driver, there are not that many full-range drivers of this size around, and it actually models very well in an Onken Enclosure, with Onken alignment (if you can handle 200 or so liters). Better than any modern driver of its kind that I’ve seen these past few years. If only time wouldn’t be the limiting factor here, I’d be arranging a date with some 25mm Baltic Birch right now…

thank you.

i am looking for a large full range driver for a large room, this is one of the few promising drivers on the market.

just take care - if your room is VERY large, oneway speaker can be sometimes not enough, or rather not so universal as you`d like. Of course depends what and how loud you like to listen... It is about any oneway speaker, regardless of the driver used.
As for me - I am im love with that speaker.
Ronmeister, thanks ))

Last edited: