any basic words of wisdom?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just need a little rule of thumb on full range line arrays. I'm working with less than the best drivers. But the makers of it faxed me the specs on them and they should work fairly well, in this application. Going with 6-8" in each baffle x2 left and right channels. My 2 questions are. How close to each other would be ok to place them and since they are going to be full range i can just use my reciever to adjust the range if needed? please help me, starting saturday on the construction on these.

You might want to think about power-tapering too. It can be highly effective, although these are only very short lines -probably a bit too short I suspect, but that's only a guess as I haven't enough data to go on. Mediocre drivers can sing in arrays, so don't worry about that: the sheer quantity of drivers means that their individual idiosyncracies tend to cancel each other out.
Best
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.