W4-1320sb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FWIW, after listening to the speakers for a while, I changed the design to a series notch filter, to lower impedance. The resulting FR was identical to the parallel one, with a better looking impedance curve.

After listening to both designs, I decided the speaker was too dull sounding to be useful. I took out the BSC and the notch filter and listened... nah. Too bright (again!).

I then tried a full BSC setup, with an 8 Ohm R and a 0.35 mH inductor, without a notch filter. I think I'll settle on this combination. The speaker is still not as dynamic as I expected, but it's much livelier and better sounding.

I modeled a couple of BSCs with 1 mH and higher inductors, but they seemed to lower sensitivity far too much. I may try them in the future, though - because I might get a bit more perceived highs out of them. As of now, I'm very happy with the final network. I still wonder why the inductor value is so low, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.