sub integration with fostex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished building a pair of Bass Reflex Fostex 127E. Who ever said full range drivers weren't appropriate for Rock is crazy, these things reproduce electric guitar better than anything I have every heard. That said I need more bass,. Thinking of stepping up to a 6" fostex. Are there any enclosure designs that would integrate well with a sub??

If you're going to use a sub then your goal should focus more on good mids rather than lows. A large sealed enclosure might be nice. I was playing around with some FE167Es in the Fostex recommended BR enclosure rolled to a 10" sealed sub. That was a pretty good combo too.

This more a "well this is what I am building" comment than specific recommendation.

Just yesterday I finished my very small sealed FE164's and next will be a pair of dipole subs to serve for bass.

I built the boxes very small (about 3 litres) to be boomy and offset the baffle step. FE164's are hurting for bass ability.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.