Pioneer 8" fun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today I got to work on these a little bit more. I cut the hole for the vent, not easy when going through 1.5" and now I have hooked up the tweeters. The bass is much more full and the tweeters add a ton of detail that the woofers miss. I just started listening, but the bass is very powerful the the vent somewhat open, but the bass is much more loose. As soon as I try my bass cd I'll be able to give more feedback.

I also got to use my flush trip router bit quite a bit and all the edges on the boxes are nice ans square.

Does anyone know how I can get my vent to be nice and square? My flush trip bit won't work when the wood is 1.5" deep.
I'd like for it to look something like the picture below (from my wr125s)

Thanks,

Josh

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The box is ~42liters

Yes the piezo is "RS", but I got it from PartsExpress.

The bass was not loud. And I though that it's not enough comparing to 10'' woofer I had before. And I wanted to add a port to these cabinets.
But now I realize that I like this bass. Not VERY pronounced but it's there. And it's enough for me. Just enought to support music.

I like the very much. My wife likes them very much and she wants me do do more for TV. I'm thinking about that Voigt Pipe (something like that) with Fostex driver.

Greets!

For 42L, a 2" dia., ~2-4" long vent near/at the bottom front is required depending on actual net Vb, driver's specs and how acoustically solid your corners/wall are. Since they're not evenly boundary loaded, the corner unit will in theory require a lower Fb (longer vent) to tonally balance it to the mid wall unit's midbass, so tune it last.

GM

Greets!

Then why didn't you tell us what you really wanted to know? Anyway, I imagine there's some inferior bits available, but even if I knew a supplier I wouldn't recommend them since I've seen what a broken bit can do to the human body (fortunately not mine). BTW, what would the roller ride on?

GM

The problem is yes that it would have to be long and because of its length more unstable.

There is a vent piece and the bottom of the enclosure. On my enclosure for my wr125s I used a flush trip bit again using the vent piece and the bottom of the enclosure as guides and it turned out very well (I think) (the picture earlier). The endges are a little bit rounded, but all the lines are perfectly staight and I think they look really good. by the way, the sides of the enclosure are the other guides for the bearings.

Josh

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, here's a pic of my Pioneers in a TL with a $0.39 tweeter
and a 1 uF cap:

Attachments

• mvc-003f.jpg
    mvc-003f.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,737
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.