5.1 surround system hookup help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright, here is my confusion... I just got a scratch and dent 5.1 surround sound setup, but it is mostly made for home theater systems, rather than the PC I am trying to hook it up to. I am trying to get it to work without having to hook up to a receiver first. I want to go from PC 1/8" phone jack to the two speaker wires if Im not explaining that right, here is my duiagram.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

correct me if Im wrong, but I think the adaptor I need would have a 1/8" headphone jack on one side (male) and then go into 4 speaker wires, (2 for the left, two for the right)

but I dont know where I could find that, I have searched.. anyone know how I can acomplish the same thing?

You need to put a reciever or amplifier inbetween. A soundcard is not capable of driving 6 speakers.

If you get normal 1/8th to rca splitters, you can hook each channel up independandly to a amp (3 stereo amps would be needed for 5.1) or get a digital reciever and hook in the digital out of your soundcard to the reciever. The reciever / amps will then have similar speaker wire connections to the speakers, and hook up wire inbetween.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.