4" full range for drive-in speaker...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, searched but didn't find much on this. I am retrofitting some old rca drive-in movie speakers to be used as surrounds/sfx for a live theater application. The original drivers in the enclosures are all pretty much toast so I'd like to put some new ones in. What are your suggestions for a good affordable 4" full range. They will not play that loud so power handling is not a huge issue, but there will be about a dozen of them so price is an issue here. I've looked through parts express but I have so experience with any of the full rangers they have. Thanks!

I purchased a pair of each of the following 4” “full range” drivers from Parts Express to experiment with in single driver rear horn enclosures. They sound surprisingly alike; the differences are not dramatic. The Pioneer is the least expensive; approximately half the cost of the Tang Bands. For your purposes, the Pioneer would probably suffice.

TB 656S, TB 616S, TB 654S and Pioneer W-47-04 204

Thanks to all for the replies. I looked at all the mentioned drivers and settled on some pioneers PE has on special for $.49ea!! Can't go wrong to try em out at that price, and thier specs looked good enough for the application. If they sound like crap I'll only be out a few bucks and will try others. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.