Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th July 2005, 01:33 PM   #11
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

OK I was expecting bass reinforcement to be required, but 0.5mm just seemed very small.

According to your Costs page you got the spikes from CPC. Do you have the part number for them as I can't find anything like that on their website. Cheers.
Old 19th July 2005, 01:42 PM   #12
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
According to your Costs page you got the spikes from CPC. Do you have the part number for them as I can't find anything like that on their website. Cheers.
Richie, can you find anything on their site since they changed it around?
Old 19th July 2005, 01:44 PM   #13
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Not the easiest thing to track things down on CPC anymore.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...=LS01196&N=411
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)
Old 19th July 2005, 01:44 PM   #14
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

haha. great minds.
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)
Old 19th July 2005, 01:49 PM   #15
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Very neat. Looks good.

>I'm a fullrange beliver now. Which driver next...

What part of the UK are you based? If you're holidaying in the Lakes any time and fancy hearing the Jordan JX92 MLTL, let me know.

Colin
Old 19th July 2005, 02:36 PM   #16
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Haha Nick, some things I find much easier now, others are just as bad as the old pice of dirt website. One thing they got rid of which I found extremely useful is the product map or whatever it's called, e.g. connectors > jack > 3.5mm so you can backtrack to a wider range from just one product that you like, if you aren't sure what category it may be in (and lets face it CPCs categorisations are not a strong point).

It made me cringe when they launched the website making out like they had developed if after listening to all the feedback. My a*** -- it's just the parent company's corporate website.

Vikash, thanks for the link.

And now that Jordan's have been brought up, I've a pair of JX92S running in my lounge right now and they are great, best imaging/soundstage I've heard. (Demos are welcomed as I'm developing a system around them.) Shame I've got to give them back in a while
Old 30th July 2005, 05:22 PM   #17
jemraid is offline jemraid  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Looking at 3" drivers on Spectrum Audio's site I see that the Hi-Vi Research B3S has an Xmax of 3.0mm. It's only 20.50 as well, though its high qts may forbid its use in the monitor box.

Rgds - Jem
Old 30th July 2005, 05:56 PM   #18
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Vikash
Thanks.

I've since been playing around with the notch filter and I'm not convinced by it The flatter response is welcomed, but it also sounds a touch less revealing too. I may have to try some more exotic notch components to see what happens...
How does your notch compare with the one in the pic?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vikash
I chose them because they're a well known driver with a choice of designs around. I've read somewhere that the design turned out so well (the drivers) by chance. I may get some other models in depending on how well they do.

TB webpage confirms 0.5mm xmax. You need a sub.
I think TB XMAX is one way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30jul2005fortb.jpg (17.5 KB, 608 views)
Old 31st July 2005, 06:27 AM   #19
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

The Aura NS-3 seems to be another contender in the 3" driver sweeps.

Reading between th elines it was the clear winner in the group test John K did (of the 2 he figured were standouts this one needs no filter). I've a pair but haven't listened to them yet. I do expect a pair of the kits to build the ones pictured below (consider it a tease -- i'll leave it to the member responsible to announce his plans when he is ready). I will let you know how they sound when i get to listen to them. One thing for sure is that they are quite pretty.

dave
Old 31st July 2005, 08:50 AM   #20
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10
The Aura NS-3 seems to be another contender in the 3" driver sweeps.

Reading between th elines it was the clear winner in the group test John K did (of the 2 he figured were standouts this one needs no filter). I've a pair but haven't listened to them yet. I do expect a pair of the kits to build the ones pictured below (consider it a tease -- i'll leave it to the member responsible to announce his plans when he is ready). I will let you know how they sound when i get to listen to them. One thing for sure is that they are quite pretty.

dave

Where does it talk about this?

Hide this!Advertise here!