FE206E enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the exact area of the closed and the open ends of the chamber, the depth of this chamber, and stuffing density (if applicable).

First of all, I am sending you the response of the enclosure without absorbing material. The placement, density can cause many problems therefore it is better for us to work on an undamped system.

As for the dimensions, the depth of the rear chamber is 280 mm, the height is 546 mm, the width is 250 mm. I am not quite clear with the areas. Rear chamber is located between the speaker and the horn throat. On one side there is the speaker and its' cross-sectional area (206 cm^2), on the other hand there is the throat (80 cm^2).

Attachments

• without_absorber.jpg
    without_absorber.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 728
Impedance graph

Although it doesn't seem much, the difference between the impedance curves made me curious and wondered about the cause. The impedance curve that you have sent matches exactly with the one in the attached graph. But the difference between two simulations is, I have taken the horn lenght as 0.5 meters rather then 1 meter.

Attachments

• horn_length.jpg
    horn_length.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 602
Hi, this is my first post here!

Could someone please explain part of the Fostex recommended BLH to me? I'm looking at pieces 2,6,9 and 11 - they seem to be simple flat pieces, but looking at the side view photograph of the enclosure, they don't seem to be simply fastened to the inside of the wall. Instead they look as though they sit out a little from the wall. Perhaps I am missing something in the plans, but I'd appreciate if someone could clarify this for me.

Thanks

pdf is available

You can now download the drawings of the BLH (low-waf) enclosure in pdf format. By the end of this week I am planning to publish my simulation results between the recomended Fostex enclosure and Singular (without any stuffing). Also I am planning to add the BLH result among with these two. I am sure you are going to find those interesting.

Martin has asked a very nice question. I am planning to simulate that condition also. This BLH enclosure is designed to be rised from the floor level to make the speaker center at the middle height of the listening room. As he reminded, the horn mouths will have different loads when this enclosure is used as a floor-stander. I hope my simulation results are detailed enough to show us any difference. We will see.

/Onur

Missing Dimensions!

Lazy Me!

I was clearly notified about the absent dimensions by one of my friends but I am way too busy with the Ph.D. thesis these days and I forgot. Below, you can find the two pieces with their dimensions. They are indentical with the other two, top or bottom, doesn't matter.

I had the impression all of a sudden that you are in fact tying to build the design? :)

/Onur

Attachments

• missing_dimensions.jpg
    missing_dimensions.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 604
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.