WR125ST quadpole?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While we're on the subject of bi-polar design Dave, could I quickly ask for some advice? I've still got about 3 projects on the go, but there's room for another :D
I fancy having a go at building either the 1st or the 3rd TQWT designs on your site -however; any suggestions for suitable replacements for the now departed RS 1354? I sometimes wonder why Fostex don't have a driver that size to slot between the 127 & 167.
Best
Scott

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Scottmoose said:
any suggestions for suitable replacements for the now departed RS 1354?

I wish.... i recently had a friend in Al get $200 for a set of 4 (and it was the buyer who made the offer after hearing my buddies 1354 TLs). That puts them in the same price league as the CSS WR125 (which, except for the extreme top is likely a better driver -- speculation on my part having only heard the 1354 in no boxes -- i really must get mine done.

dave

planet10 said:

I wish.... i recently had a friend in Al get $200 for a set of 4 (and it was the buyer who made the offer after hearing my buddies 1354 TLs). That puts them in the same price league as the CSS WR125 (which, except for the extreme top is likely a better driver -- speculation on my part having only heard the 1354 in no boxes -- i really must get mine done.

dave

So be it, and a real shame. Thank's for getting back to me Dave; I'll give my 5 1/4" Electro-whatever's a whirl if they measure up in similar fashion. One thing's for sure -for the price they seem well built, with a damned big motor. (I still haven't measured them or put a picture up have I? Curses. I'll do that at the weekend -I'm doing some research in London until Friday). If not, time to exercise the MathCad skills, and four FE127E drivers it is then, with suitably modified enclosures.
Cheers for now
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.