Cabinet suggestion for FE168ES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to the space restrictions, the standard cabinet design that came with the speaker is a little too deep at 24" for my current room, so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with other cabinet design that works with FE168ES but not as deep?

TIA

Kevin

Have a look at (the inevitable) Bob's site:
http://www.geocities.com/rbrines1/

Scroll down the left-hand side to the penultimate picture, which if you click on it will take you to a section called Proposals and Projects Built by Others. Near the bottom of this page you'll find a design for a compact, straight mass-loaded transmission-line.
This is not one of his most recent designs, and might pre-date the latest 168E Sigma (I'm not sure if you ever built this one Bob?) and uses quite a lot of stuffing, but it should be a start at least.

Best
Scott

Scott,

Thank you for the information. I have looked at that design already, but since it is for a very different driver, I don't think it is going to work. The driver I have is the FE168ES not E Sigma, which is a little rare to find, and I am hoping to see if there are other cabinet designs available that others have tried.

Regards,

Kevin

elan120 said:
Scott,

Thank you for the information. I have looked at that design already, but since it is for a very different driver, I don't think it is going to work. The driver I have is the FE168ES not E Sigma, which is a little rare to find, and I am hoping to see if there are other cabinet designs available that others have tried.

Regards,

Kevin

Apologies, I think I need some stronger glasses. Oh well, there goes my next speaker cheque...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.