Help calculating box dimensions & port

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi -

This is taxing my brain this late at night, trying to figure all of this out...

I'm going to use two Fostex 127E's in a BR enclosure. Fostex gives a spec of 10 liters tuned to 71Hz for one driver...so I need a 20L enclosure for both, but I'm having trouble figuring out dimensions and port calculations.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That's pretty much where I'm stuck :dead:

:whazzat:

Thanks for any help in advance...

The best and simplest way would be just to add a shelft inbetween the two boxes so that each one is just the same volume as the intended original design. This would also add stiffening to your box which is always a good idea.

If you want to play with vent sizes I have a little (basic) utility called vent designer on my website in the utilities section.

If you're doubling the internal volume, you can be lazy and just use two ports with the same internal volume as the single. There are other ways to do the vent as you're already attempting, but this will certainly work. Unless the original port is undersized, then two of them shouldn't be a problem. If you add a shelf brace just remember to allow additional internal volume to compensate for the displacement of the brace.
Sounds like an exciting project, good luck!
Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.