New 3" Titanium TB drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
titanum

These look a lott like my pioneer car speakers. The titanium cone my be good for tweaters but as a full range I think thay are a bit to stiff and klinical, the drivein period could be endless as they won´t soften upp ever! But they look very high tec and maybe thats the problem, I like the lo-tec solution paper cone.

If the published specs are to be believed, these differ from previous TB drivers in that Fs is higher and Qts is lower - it moves them closer to being midrange style drivers rather than full range. Given their 0.5mm xmax, this is a more reasonable use, although I can see how the market wouldn't be particularly big.

These guys have a mass corner that might allow decent horn/waveguide loading, particularly in a Unity style system where their small size would work well and the xmax wouldn't be quite so much of an issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.