Prometheus clone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Prometheus mid-bass

I don´t know about the new Prometheus, but the midbass visually appears to be the same as in the first Prom. That is an Eminence driver custom made for and modified by Bastanis. I can give you the TSP and some more information (from a german loudspeaker magazine) if you are still interested.

Rudolf

hello there,
the midbass drivers for the MKI and MKII are the same customized eminence drivers. the MKI comes with a beyma CP21/F compression slot tweeter (www.usspeaker.com/beyma CP21F-1.htm)

now, there are two MKII versions of the prometheus a plain MKII and a MKII "Airforce". the MKII has a different tweeter than the MKI and the MKII "Airforce" has (supposedly) an even better tweeter than the MKII. i have no idea what this tweeter might be and i would love to know. i imagine it is a customized job as well.

peace,
laceste.

Re: Prometheus mid-bass

Rudolf said:
I don´t know about the new Prometheus, but the midbass visually appears to be the same as in the first Prom. That is an Eminence driver custom made for and modified by Bastanis. I can give you the TSP and some more information (from a german loudspeaker magazine) if you are still interested.

Rudolf

I wonder if you'll send me this informations too.
Thanks.

why clone?

there are good resources that allow you to Do Your own thIng? (unless of course you've heard them in your system and can't get em outta your head)

Similar deigns are out there, No Box, BassZilla , Linkwitz, that ideas can be cleaned from...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.