Driving a fostex 206 with Radfordst25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Im wondering if anyone hase tried driving a fostex 206e with a Radford st25?
You see a Have the Radford on loan but I havn´t built the cabs for the fostex yet! Im thinking that the Radfords are very base heavy (when driving Celsetion 9´s) and if this suits the Fostex in a Basehorn enclosure?

Hase anyone tried this combo of Fe206e and Radford st25?

Other stuff
pre-amp Onkyo Intergra 3060r
Pioneer Pd-93 cd player through Musical Fidelity´s x10-d and xpsu

I haven't heard the combination, but I suspect they'd be fine. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be. Radford are not renowned for poor quality products, and the Fostex drivers are excellent, if perhaps a little enthusiastic, so the Radford will probably tame this a bit. But ultimately, you're the one listening to them, and this returns to subjective taste. Only you can decide.

Radford STA25 will do fine

I haven't heard the combination as well but all the speakers that I have connected to my STA25s' terminals sounded just fine. They are very nice amplifiers and although they are told to be sounding the best with ESLs and BBCs, I can see no reason that they might have problems with driving any other speakers. There is a very friendly yahoo group about these amplifiers. Maybe they can give you additional information about your combination.

rads

Thank´s to both :)
I´ll hang-onto the Radford (it´s a sta 25 series III) by the way. It sounds very nice with my old celestions, and after the last post I changed the tubes from sovteks to JJ´s. Seem´s that the base boom I was hearing in the celestion´s was mostly to do with the svotek´s:hot: Had me checking the specs for how low thay would go! I´ve read quite a bit here on the forum about both speakers and mostly tubes since my post. But I cant promise that I wont ask any more stupid questions:clown:

Thanks again. I bet I´ll be back with more nonsens questions when I´ve built the enclosures and got the Fostexs´running

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.