small MLTL is hardwood OK? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2005, 10:50 PM   #31
Greg B is offline Greg B  United States
diyAudio Member

Geez, doesn't titebond dry fast enough for you? Any quicker, and the short working time would get you.

There's always old fashioned (old bessie) hide glue. The problem with that is it gels too quickly unless you work very fast.

GB
Old 28th March 2005, 11:26 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to johninCR Send a message via MSN to johninCR Send a message via Yahoo to johninCR
I've only used old fashioned yellow wood glue. Something as easy to use and clean up that is ready in an hour would be perfect.
Old 29th March 2005, 12:19 AM   #33
Greg B is offline Greg B  United States
diyAudio Member

Not sure such a thing exists. Epoxy, polyurethane and CA (super) glues are a PITA for most purposes. CA is the fastest.

Hmm, "old fashioned" yellow glue is actually relatively modern and a type of PVA (polyvinyl acetate). You may want to try some different brands as some are better than others. Titebond remains my fave, but elmers 'probond' is about the same. A good joint should be set in a hour or less if the temp is reasonably warm.

There's also urea formaldehyde types (plastic resin, aka 'weldwood'). Some people still like these.

GB
Old 29th March 2005, 12:37 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to johninCR Send a message via MSN to johninCR Send a message via Yahoo to johninCR
I'll just stick with I know and have. It took me 2 hours of hitting hardware stores here to find anything but the white PVA glue that turns back into liquid form with moisture. Just another one of those things that makes me shake my head in disbelief down here. Everyone uses the white stuff when the environment is quite moist much of the year. Lanco is the only brand of the yellow I can find.

Hide this!Advertise here!