need suggestions please..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I finished my bk16 enclosures a few days ago .

Got to listen to them for about 5 hours total those few dyas and was really impressed. First time dealing with single drivver blh's . Wife was even impressed.

The drivers I was using were some vintage phillips 6.5 fullrangers that I figured That I would try . I wanted to try the blh's for and on a very cheap budget just in caase I did not care for teh results or sound of the blh's.

So, I came home yesterday to listen to my new speakers. Expecting to enjoy a few songs I put in a new disc I recieved in the mail. Well I sat down and hit play , then I heard a differnt sound coming out of one of the speakers.

I looked and the right cone of the speaker , and it looke dlike my child's curiosity had gotten a lttle carried away. Well there is a huge hole now in the speaker , around the outer 3rd edge of it , so I couldn't really see the tear at first ,but trust me, I could hear a major differnce in sound (bad drop off in the lows).

Well this leaves with no other choice to get another pair of speakers. I am wanting to try some of the selections from Fostex.

What speaker from them would sound good in the bk16 cabs? Or should I build one of the Fostex recommended enclosers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks,,

chris

While you are waiting on your new drivers, do a quick cone repair. I'm guessing they are paper cones which can easily be fixed with PVA glue. Just do a search on the forum for cone repair. If you have some gaps, I've heard you can mix some toilet paper with the glue to strengthen the repair. Allow it to dry very well and it should sound as good as before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.