coaxial drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for very high quality, high effenciency coaxial speakers. I'm trying to find something better than what is in the Tannoy 800 and 1200 series speakers. I'm wanting to use them in a three way box.

I'm a real newbie and this will be my first experiment. I don't even know where to look for components like these or what kind of expense I can expect. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and expertise. :)

If you like the newer Tannoys and want better, get some older Golds or Reds.

Otherwise do a search for a post of mine ages ago where I listed every coax maker I could think of, and others chimed in with more.

Budget is also a consideration; there are some quite affordable drivers, and some that are very expensive.

Do lots of research, see if you can invite yourself to 'philes places and listen for yourself, and when the myriad conflicting opinions overwhelm you, go with your instinct.

Have fun.

nbcaudio said:
Thanks. When you say Golds and Reds, were they a specific product of Tannoy?

Also, Do you remember the subject of your original thred that you mentioned so that I might pinpoint my search a little more directly?

Thanks again for the input.
Reds and Golds are older drivers, known for the colour of the drames and the plastic covers over the alnico magnets. For a lot more info
http://users.bigpond.com/tunnelgap/Tannoy/tannoy1.html

No. Try a search with my name and coax or coaxial in the thread title.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.