Fullrange Without BCS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to say that some kind of enclosures gets away without a filter, bipole exluded.
For what i know

ML TL needs it
BR needs it
BLH doesn´t need it
FLG doesn´t need it

How about
Voigt Pipes
TL
TQWP
OB

Feel free to fill in the missing and correct the assumsitions that i´ve made

I'm not sure you can really clump them together like that. First off any speaker placed in open space is going to experience a gain in higher frequencies due to the higher frequencies only radiating into half-space. Back Loaded horns experience this as well it is just that most use horns that will reproduce high enough frequencies to compensate for the baffle step losses. Similarly I have heard that some of the Fostex BR enclosures are tuned so as to take care of the Baffle Step losses. So it all kind of depends upon the individual design. But certainly any speaker not built into a wall will have to deal with this problem one way or another.
Joe

Hej JohnB,

In my case,I will use the Fostex F200A, built in a wall so that I will have close to infinite baffle. Nevertheless, I will anyway use filter (digital in my case) so that to adjust to the room response. Also, with such filter I can releave the driver from sub frequences, which might be an issue also for you, if you use a fullrange driver with smallish Xmax...

LageB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.