Ebay - coral beta 8s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
86_12_sb.JPG

0b_12_sb.JPG

I think those are the sexiest speakers I have ever seen. I'm sure they sound just as good as they look too. I would do anything for to get my hands on those. Anybody need an extra arm or leg? I'm selling mine for about $1,400 AU :D .

I am the person who ended up buying these along with a set of Stephens truesonics that were part of the deal.

I felt it was indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity to get brand new frequency matched Corals and was prepared to pay a high premium to get them.

I am in the process of getting advice from some local experts who are actually lending me their cabinets to try out to work out which ones I will build. I shall keep you posted.

Bluesky

Hi everyone

I will get my digital camera out to see if I can work out how to post some pictures. The Corals look quite amazing and are in absolutely pristine condition. The "spider" and finishing are real works of craftsmanship (craftpersonship just doesn't have the same ring to it).

As part of the deal I was "forced" to accept an equally pristine pair of Stephens 80R Truesonics.

Apparently the story goes that a old chap in Sydney bought these 30 or so years ago and always meant to build them into cabinets but never got around to it. Somehow they were discovered by Stephen of Cryomusic Systems who put them up for auction on Ebay. They attracted no bidders.

I hummed and haa'ed for a while. I am normally not given to rash decisions to buy expensive and rare vintage drivers but eventually thought I can't really lose, if I don't like them I could always get my money back (I hope).

I am in the process of building my "audio system for life". I actually rely on a pension for income but a recent insurance settlement from a car accident gave me some money to get the things that I wanted. I won't have the opportunity ever again and I wanted to get it right, a system that I would be happy to live with for the rest of my life.

I currently have some Aksonics that are very good but I am hoping that the Corals (or Stephens) will give me musical satisfaction for many years to come. I can't help but think that they will.

Believe or not, I know of quite a few people that I have met who seem to have collections of exotica that are never actually used, but, they do seem to give them a lot of pleasure in just owning such treasures. Not having a lot of money is actually a blessing in that what I do have, is used and appreciated, they will not be museum pieces or "collectors items". I have had to build most of my system and again, this has proved to be such a blessing because you can get so much more by understanding what it actually is that you are listening to. I am indeed, a lucky guy!

Cheers

Bluesky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.