The JERICHO Horn - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2005, 10:49 PM   #1
johnb is offline johnb  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default The JERICHO Horn

Does anyone know if it is possibble without complex modifications to use another driver since the FE208 Sigma is out of production.
Old 29th January 2005, 11:43 PM   #2
qwad is offline qwad  Australia
diyAudio Member

check out the beyma design posted by berndt in the fullrange section its very similar to my blood shot eyes at least, worth atry I think cheers TC
Old 30th January 2005, 01:41 AM   #3
Cyburgs is offline Cyburgs  Austria
diyAudio Member

@qwad:

But for the Jerichos: The German Jericho addicts build it now with the Fostex FE206E without the original notch filter and are very fond of it. My own Jerichos are equipped with the FE204, which is also out of production.

Nice greetings, Berndt
Old 30th January 2005, 02:45 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

There is a Fostex substitution chart I believe on Madisound which shows the FE208e Sigma as a replacement for the 208 Sigma BUT you will need a tweeter as the e Sigma does not goes as high. I have built a pair of Jericos' with the original 208 Sigma many years ago and must say it is my favorite, the driver seems to take forever to break in though, even after maybe 4 or more years it seems to still sound better with time.

Andrew
Old 4th February 2005, 11:54 PM   #5
johnb is offline johnb  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Buy the way, do thoose of you who have herad/owned them liked them, problem is that there are so many designs avalible and so much work into making a pair the that I kinda want it right
Old 5th February 2005, 01:03 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

When I had first completed them I was very disappointed, they sounded literally like a bad transistor radio! The speakers I had had for around 2 years already so it was not a break in issue. It turned out to be the stuffing of the compression chamber, it is very sensitive to the amount and type of stuffing used. I used poly batting which is used to stuff cushions and used just a little behind the driver on the rear of the compression chamber and a little at the bottom of same.

The room position also makes quite a difference.

Andrew

Hide this!Advertise here!