Front right & left speaker towers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After listening very carefully to everyone I have changed my decision from small cube design to the front towers. I am thinking about placing two Hi-Vi B3S speakers and one Hi-Vi B1S Mid/Tweeter. Any complaints about this set up? If not what size should the actual enclosure for the speakers be? Should they be enclosed individually or use one larger enclosure for all? I will probably run more of the B3S speakers for the rear surround speakers. I am looking at the Sony STR-DE897 with 100 watts x 7 into 8 Ohms @ .09% THD. Are these speakers going to be good enough for the reciever? Very new at this stuff and would appreciate any feed back as possible. Now with the tweeters and the mid ranges together I am going to be needing a crossover correct? Thanks in advance for what knowledge you provide.

Jered22

I'm a newb also. Having said that I think you might be better off building something that others have built. The help they give you on the forum will be from their experience of building their own speakers. There are numerous plans available on the internet that include what the crossover will need to be as well as what specific drivers you will be using. Just my opinion ofcourse. Have fun with your project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.