Construction and Tuning Tips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm about to start on my first project and have come across several useful construction and cabinet tuning tips browsing this forum. Is there a FAQ somewhere that collects best practices and recommended supplies (glues, damping materials, finishing tips, etc.) into a single reference? It would also be great to know which of these nuggets apply in which situations, for example, is it better to use acoustistuf or blackhole 5 to dampen the chamber behind the driver in a BLH?

If no FAQ is available, your pearls of wisdom are more than welcome!

Unfortunatly there is not a FAQ for what your looking for, but a little searching can turn up a lot of good info. Also I'm not sure that you'll find an objective answer to what the best material is, everyone has there favorites. As for lining the filter chamber on BLHs I've always found some felt on the walls do the trick. I've always found stuffing the filter chamber to either: not make a noticable difference or take some of the life out of the treble. I'm sure though that others have had different experiences you'll just have to see what sound best in your design to your ears.
Good Luck, and I'm sure if you have a more specific question that you can't find in the archives people will be more than happy to answer.
Joe

It was kind of a vague and open-ended lead for a thread so I'm not surprised (nor offended) by the lack of responses. My hope was that this would elicit those nuggets and ah-ha's that I, as a newbie, would never think of searching for. Or that would be buried in the context of some other topic and, thus, be hard to find.

I'm finding lots of great stuff in the archives. If something of interest isn't obviously applicable to my BLH project, I'll follow your advice and ask for help.

Thanks for your response.

Keith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.