fostex fe168E Sigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fostex fe167e

am thinking of building a horn design as per the enclosure on the fostex website for this driver, does anyone know what it sounds like, also i notice with the fostex design the flare of the horn does not progress smoothly but just gets bigger after each bend how significant is this.cheers brian

I should've realized that since it was in your title. The FE168E Sigma BLH is a wonderful speaker. I'm not alone in thinking so. Many have built the recommended enclosure and are very satisfied. Terry Cain uses the 168 in the BEN (although that is a double BLH).

Yeah, I think lots of people like to snob the fostex backloaded horns, because of all the right angles. They are very well designed though and tend to go much lower in frequency for their size when compared with other backloaded horn designs. Certainly they are not perfect, but don't let anybody tell you they are no good. They are also a pretty safe bet, since the design is just for your driver. I've never heard the 168, but the 108 and 208 are both very nice drivers. I doubt you'll be disapointed.
Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.