Has anyone treated a CSS WR125S like a Jordan?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've had good results with a small BR cab either 7 or 11 liter with a 1.5"D x 4"L port tube (55Hz tuning) and running the driver full range. The 7 liter will create a 3 db bump in the mid-bass while the 11 liter will have a less than 2db bump. The interesting thing is when this goes into a TL the bass begins to slope off just above 100Hz. I've heard it in a TL variant with internal bass traps (no specifics from the designer ;) ) and while it sounded very sweet it was still a little thin.

This driver doesn't have the 'right' specs for a decent straight pipe sim, but this ML-TQWT should do OK down to 40Hz if the specs are close, though unless against a wall, BSC will kill what little efficiency there is, so doubling up on drivers, CSA, and vents is the way to go if you're not sitting in the nearfield:

L = 49.55"
Zd = 33.68"
Zp = 47.55"
SO = 0.763"^2 (comes to a point)
SL = 60.265"^2
rp = 1"
Lp = 3"

Minimal stuffing, with some down at the vent to damp the peaking at Fb (~0.2lbs^3 at its entrance).

GM

GM

Joined 2003
Since you normally don't want to load the vent of a high Q pipe any more than what the driver parameters dictate (hence the high aspect ratio/low driver position), unfolded/upside down is the preferred layout and definitely looks non-speaker like/built-in if done mirror image in conjuction with a stylish stand/bookshelf or girder support system.

The dual driver variant would be big enough to add a nice record and/or book shelving stand system so I look forward to pics of what you decide on.

GM

The vision I am working with is a "V" shape with side braces connected to a stone base. I figure the stone base will help off set the top heavy tipsiness. The side braces will be cut from the same piece of lumber as the V front baffle. The side braces will be right triangles to "fill in" the visual presentation from the front. The bottom cross section will be a "+" shape sitting on top
of the stone base, I love the presentation of a stone base it gives the speaker a lot of visual presence as well as mass. These babies are a lot heavey.
Another concept is the same V and to use 1" copper pipe legs 24" long and a mid length wrap around frame( sort og girdle like). I would have the pointy end lifted off the base. This would look quite cool. The wire hook up spot would be near the base but up a bit fromthe bottom of the V or maybe even in the stone base with the wires running up inside one of the copper legs.
Both of these ideas are bit too modern for my taste, I may mock up a prototype to see how things look.
What do you think?

The vision I am working with is a "V" shape with side braces connected to a stone base. I figure the stone base will help off set the top heavy tipsiness. The side braces will be cut from the same piece of lumber as the V front baffle. The side braces will be right triangles to "fill in" the visual presentation from the front. The bottom cross section will be a "+" shape sitting on top
of the stone base, I love the presentation of a stone base it gives the speaker a lot of visual presence as well as mass. These babies are a lot heavey.
Another concept is the same V and to use 1" copper pipe legs 24" long and a mid length wrap around frame( sort og girdle like). I would have the pointy end lifted off the base. This would look quite cool. The wire hook up spot would be near the base but up a bit fromthe bottom of the V or maybe even in the stone base with the wires running up inside one of the copper legs.
Both of these ideas are bit too modern for my taste, I may mock up a prototype to see how things look.
What do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.