Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2004, 01:41 PM   #1
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Updated Jordan website

The www.ejjordan.co.uk website has just been thoroughly updated.

There's more information on the Jordan active sub-bass system, recommended enclosures (including GM's JX92 ML-TL), extensive FAQs and a page of links, including one to here. Some of the updates have been prompted by posts on diyAudio, so thanks to everyone who has posted questions and information over the last year or so.

Anyway, have a look if you need a little light reading over the Christmas pud ...

Colin
Old 24th December 2004, 01:59 PM   #2
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

The VTL on the page looks suspiciously similar to the Konus Essence!?
which is a commercially available speaker I thought.

Quote:
Anyway, have a look if you need a little light reading over the Christmas pud ...
A good friend just brought me a pud from Tescos (the finest of course).
Looking forward to that one...yummi
Now what about an apple crumble or a bread&butter pudding....
Old 24th December 2004, 05:06 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The VTL is the Essence - Ted developed it with the Essence designer. The Essence has a few secret tweaks of it's own but otherwise the internals are the same. Originally the design was set up to enable it to be built as a TL or a vented enclosure, hence the name.

Colin
Old 24th December 2004, 11:45 PM   #4
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by joensd
A good friend just brought me a pud from Tescos (the finest of course).
Looking forward to that one...yummi
Now what about an apple crumble or a bread&butter pudding....
Not sure how good a Tescos pud is, but apple crumble with cloves or nutmeg is almost as scrummy as a good rhubarb crumble (the rhubarb mustn't be pre-cooked, and it must still be slightly crunchy). Oh, and put oats and mixed nuts in the crumble mixture.
Old 30th December 2004, 11:50 AM   #5
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Not sure how good a Tescos pud is, but apple crumble with cloves or nutmeg is almost as scrummy as a good rhubarb crumble
Still havenŽt tried the pud...
I always use the ground spice mixture for the apple crumble (cinnamon,coriander,nutmeg,clove,pimento,ginger) which works out nicely. Would you mind to send me the recipe for the oat+nuts crumble?

Does anybody of you guys have a recent quote from Jordan for the JX-92S? I emailed them and they wouldnŽt want me to give the price you pay in the UK as it would be unfair for the german distributor.
As IŽm regularly in the UK IŽd like to pick it up at my friends place and save some squids.

Tara me duck
Old 2nd January 2005, 10:43 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Updated Jordan website

Quote:
Originally posted by Colin
The www.ejjordan.co.uk website has just been thoroughly updated.

There's more information on the Jordan active sub-bass system, recommended enclosures (including GM's JX92 ML-TL), extensive FAQs and a page of links, including one to here. Some of the updates have been prompted by posts on diyAudio, so thanks to everyone who has posted questions and information over the last year or so.

Colin
I'm surprised they haven't changed the TL design in light of all the recent research. It's still a Longfellow.
Old 5th January 2005, 10:35 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I think the TL is still getting good reactions, hence no need to change. (FWIW, I suspect the full quarter-wave line length is balanced by the narrow line section and lack of line stuffing.)

Colin
Old 5th January 2005, 05:09 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I think the TL is still getting good reactions, hence no need to change. (FWIW, I suspect the full quarter-wave line length is balanced by the narrow line section and lack of line stuffing.)

Colin
All I know is that it sims terrible with Martin's sw.
Old 5th January 2005, 05:19 PM   #9
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Jones
All I know is that it sims terrible with Martin's sw.
OK, so you're not impressed. Have you come up with anything that looks more promising? I've still not made a decision about my JX92s...
Old 5th January 2005, 07:24 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Ted's site actually says something about not always relying on computer simulations ...

Colin

btw, there will shortly be an additional section of Ted's site which gives a dimensions and drawings for the two main JX92 MLTL designs, posted with GM's approval.

Hide this!Advertise here!