DIY Biamp project - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2004, 01:27 AM   #1
docz is offline docz  Norway
diyAudio Member

Smile DIY Biamp project

Hello, I have an old 2 way PA speaker, it's got a 12 inch woofer and a tweeter. I travel around playing piano in bars, and I've been missing a monitor when performing. All places I play have fixed audio rigs, but noone ever has any monitors. So I thought I could take this small old PA speaker and use as a monitor. To minimize the amount of equipment to carry arround I was thinking that I could convert this speaker to an active speaker. And this is why I'm writing. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I would go about doing this? What will I need? Any kits around that I can use? Anyone know of any plans for amps I could build? Anyways I would appreciate any info anyone could provide to help me with my project. Thank you

Doc-Z
Old 25th November 2004, 07:50 PM   #2
juggle2 is offline juggle2  United States
diyAudio Member

Sure. The answer's over at the "chip amp" section.

Brian GT has a couple group buy kits available to make it easy if you're interested in a home amp as well.

Get one of each. Use one channel of the 4780 for your active monitor, and the other channel for the sub of your 3875 home system.

Cheapest would be a P2P with a single 3886 chip. Lots of info and help over there.

Hide this!Advertise here!