good cheap first project ideas - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2004, 08:36 PM   #21
indoubt is offline indoubt  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by johninCR
I don't know. That FR10 response reminds me too much of the 49 cent NSBs with that break peak in response. The Visaton just goes a bit lower.

Of the Visatons, I like the FRS8 much more with its linear response. http://www.visaton.de/english/artikel/art_261_1_3.html

I wish those were 49 cents at PE. I'd buy at least 1,000 . Who cares if they're only 82db/1w/1m ? They'd make perfect 32 driver floor to ceiling dipole line arrays.

It is not that bad at all, actually it is surprisingly good, just make sure to NOT use the 8ohm version (difficult to model, humps etc.) the 4ohm version has different T/S

I've used the FRS8 as well but you can't use them in BR (humps etc.) or would need severe notch filter. The FR10 4ohm is much easier. I use the FRS8 in an array as center
Old 23rd November 2004, 09:49 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to johninCR Send a message via MSN to johninCR Send a message via Yahoo to johninCR
Quote:
Originally posted by indoubt

I've used the FRS8 as well but you can't use them in BR (humps etc.) or would need severe notch filter. The FR10 4ohm is much easier. I use the FRS8 in an array as center
Indoubt,
Does the FRS8 sound as good as it looks on paper? Also, how did you do your center channel? Bessel or on an convex baffle to get good dispersion?

Hide this!Advertise here!