Solo 206 drawings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a slightly revised plan for the solo206, slightly cleaner look and smoother mouth...may not make much difference but I find it makes a little more sense.

Email me if you want the full size bitmap version.

Attachments

• resize of rev solo206.jpg
    resize of rev solo206.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4,624
As I am working on it too...

I think I have the Solo 206 plan ; I wrote to the author, and he sent it to me.

Solo-206_CAD.PDF

PS: I am working on a slight modification ; going for 20 to 30 liters first chamber
to go lower down to 23/27 Hz at -3db

The other design is from Mr Valarcher {PV Acoustics} with 2 enclosures joined
by a bypass ... the second volume with a vent. The first 31 liters, second 214 liters FE206E going down to 23.5 Hz at -3db ; flat from 28Hz Up -0.5 db

Regards.

Alain.

squalor said:
I think the way you made the horn mouth looked better. Did it sound ok using the MDF ? Why did you get rid of it ?

Yes, I made the mouth look a lot like Alain's take on it (one more bend though). It did sound okay with mdf, a little muddy in the mid-bass compared to a multi-ply horn. I got rid of it to try something else, I can only hold on to a few designs at a time before my home gets too cluttered. I'll give horns a go once more when I move to a bigger home; I want to try something rather... well... huge.

BTW, if you (whomever), like Alain, eMail Tony for the plans he'll surely send you a hi-res copy. I'm not having much luck with or time for ressurecting my old HD. I'm being swamped with personal tragedies...I hope s*** comes in three's like they say, I can't bear any more for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.