Full range plus supertweeter in the nearfield: cap or real crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The entire specs aren't uploadable at a rez that would make them readable so i'll do it in bits.

Tweeter TM010A7 -- Micro 10mm Neodymium Gold Dome

Ion deposited pure gold
Ultra compact (29.5mm diameter)
Ultra-light weight (10g)
Balanced drive concept design*
Extended frequency response
Ultra-light moving parts
Encapsulated neo magnet

Attachments

• audax-tm010a7-1.jpg
    audax-tm010a7-1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 343
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
morbo said:
1. TM010A7 30mm gold cone (from Solen)

2. TM010A39 Micro Series 10mm ion deposited gold dome ,very small (from Madisound)

actually, my Solen Catalog shows the TM010A39 (which i've not seen a reference too before)...

Except fo rthe grill -- which i'd turf, it looks pretty much the same... for super-tweeter use these little tweeters should have it all over the big ones.

The pic in the catalog for the TM010A1 (except for the black color) is a better idea of what it looks like... i'll try to get a color pic later.

And -- maybe not with the CSS -- some creativity is small enuff to mount co-axially.

dave

Weird, the solen website lists the 10a7, with this pic:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

had them for a design, but will probably sub in the budget ApexJr tweeter & save these for something better.... I haven't tried them yet, but i think i'll dig them out and pop them on top of my Coraled BD-Pipes to try out.

Definately let me know what you thought if you do.. I also think something tiny like this with the low mms and relatively high xmax should be better for supertweeter duty.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.