"Timn8ter design pics..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Timn8ster design pics..

We were having an "audio fair" here in Philippines and I heard all this speaker and its truly amazing. And one of the speaker(Fe127e) was design by "Timn8ster" :bigeyes: :hot: :D

Attachments

• nov5_a.jpg
    nov5_a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 810
Thanks Bernard. I'm happy you had a good time, I wish I could have been there. Along with my speakers in this picture are other Fostex projects built by "Handyman". He's a skilled workworker. I know most attendees of the Audio Fair are not familiar with DIY speakers so I wanted to show something that was easy to build, inexpensive and sounds great. From what I've been told I think it was a success. :)
I updated the web page containing the details for the "FQ127".

FQ127

hacknet said:
hi,

they look great!!

are there any simple formulas around to churn out a box for my drivers?

i`m trying to plonk in a pair of 6 1/2" drivers with a Fs of around 45hz and a Qts of about 0.5. is it as simple as lengthening the box? thank you for your advice!

There are many free software tools to help design a box.
WinISD is very popular. You could also visit
Quarter Wave which is Martin King's website. Best to start with a primer like this or this.

hacknet said:
sorry, i think i din`t phrase my question correctly. i was hoping to do a similar voight pipe but with a 6.5" driver with a Q of 0.5 and an Fs of 45hz. because of the lower Fs, do i need to lengthen the box?

In general, yes. The FE127E has an Fs of 70 so your design should have a longer length. However, the cross-sectional area (width*depth) is just as critical. The best thing to do would be to learn to use Martin's worksheets to know what dimensions are best.

planet10 said:

Well a dozen... started talking about another DIy event at the mountain... this time in the summer so that we can have an outdoor setup (and have a bit of camping capability too)

dave

Sounds like fun!

sorry, i`ve got no more data. its a vintage coral flat 6 driver. the above data was all i could pull out.

I suggest starting a new thread on this forum and asking if anyone has the specifications for this driver or experience working with it. That's just not enough information to do accurate modeling. Sorry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.