my wood is too small!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have started buiding an FE-206E MLTL ala MJ king. I drive a small car so I had to have the Birch ply chopped down at the local Home depot. When I get home I realized that the ignoramous cut all the pieces a different size. I even left him the plans to show him what sizes the boards needed to be at minimum. After spending the day trimming everything square and equal, the front and rear lost a total of 1.25 inches Left to right. The sides remain correct.

My question is:

How do I compensate? Does the port go larger/smaller in diameter or length? Do I just use more Dacron or pretend like it never happened and march forward?

I would use the mathcad to figure this out, although I will never use Windows. I am a Mac only person.

Hi amisdad,

I quickly plugged the modified dimensions into the MathCad sim of the FE-206E ML TL and the mistake does not look fatal. On the bad side the bass will not go as deep as planned (35 Hz --> 40 Hz) but on the good side the mid bass response looks a little flatter. One fall back position is to have the four wrong pieces recut and start again. If it was me, I would go with what you have cut already.

Great name, I'm an Amy's dad too.

Hope that helps,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.