stuffing technique, help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm playing my new speaker with out stuffing it yet, just lined in 1" polyfill bathing from top up to mid part of the inside enclosured.
I want to brake in first about 30Hrs playing time, do you think its enough? Anyway in time of stuffing it, how should I do the process.

Do I need to weight it?
Do I need stuffed both speaker at d'same time?
Can you suggest any CD or song (artist title) for best referecenced in time of tweaking.

Hope you can help me here.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 241
Hi,

dranreb&* said:
Do I need to weight it?

No, just take equal amounts by eye. What material are you using (long haired wool is supposed to be one of the best).

Do I need stuffed both speaker at d'same time?

Though each channel may not be exactly equal (depends on the room shape, amongst many other things), I would say yes to begin with as the effects of stuffing can be quite subtle.

Can you suggest any CD or song (artist title) for best referecenced in time of tweaking.

The best reference music is always music you know well. Perhaps it is better to use CDs that don't always sound the best, that way you can isolate problem areas (eg: boomy bass or treble sibilance) and work on them. Then when you think you've got a good balance between too much and too little stuffing, put on your favourite well-recorded CD and enjoy it!

BTW, my transmission lines had stuffing in for a few months then I decided to remove the stuffing one day. The sound was totally different: crisper and tighter; more natural. You may well prefer them without stuffing so don't be surprised.

Just a quick suggestion: after you have gotten used to the sound of your speakers with out stuffing, go ahead and intentionally overstuff. Listen to that for a week or so, so you know what that sounds like as well. Maybe then switch back to no stuffing for a little bit. After you know what the two extremes sound like it is easier to know what you are hearing, and where to start. Just a thought.
Joe

Thank Ropie and Josephjcole for the idea (thats bothering me too much lately). I know now what to do. Just wondering, how huge is the difference after tweaking, or just a little? Also I noticed the "mid" region is a head over the two "hi" and "low" region, I mean its kind a like shouting, can that be manage by stuffing? Thanks again

:bawling: :smash:

You should notice a difference in the dynamics of the music by stuffing.

To bring out more of the low frequencies try weighing your speakers down with a heavier base or you might try some spikes underneath them. This will improve other areas of the frequency range too.

:)

Ropie; You should notice a difference in the dynamics of the music by stuffing.

To bring out more of the low frequencies try weighing your speakers down with a heavier base or you might try some spikes underneath them. This will improve other areas of the frequency range too.

Thanks bro, for your quick reply. But those speaker weight too heavy, but should try then. I do like to try those spikes, but to my wife its not a good Idea. But from the time I got the best location I definitely try it.
:D

When I moved house I had to remove the spikes from my Buschhorns (so as not to mark the wooden floors ;) ) and replaced them with small rubber feet that work very nicely. Try lots of different things for feet if you are in the mood for experimenting - it really does affect the sound.

>> But those speaker weight too heavy

I know that problem!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.