Yamamura

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thats what i say, it was a work in progress. Very fascinating. Actually i have had e-mail contact with Be recently. He lives now in Japan in a small vilage and made what he called his final amp. I could mail him and ask if he could tell us something.

Yes i know he left Italy to stay some years in MIAMI USA as he had some problems with his eyes, then he left for Japan where he worked some years for Acrolink cables, now with ALE too.
We met in October 2009 and in February 2010 (usually me meet, twice a year) and he took to my house this new amp that is a mono integrated line amp (the current RIIA phono preamp is also ready in few time) that we have tried on the Dionisio speakers and also on FAL speakers.
We are always in touch from around 30 years (when he worked near Florence for ART).
:)
Pietro

If the images of the Cantus speaker taken at short distance are not good enough, i can try to make some new ones and post them in few days (i am not at home actually).
Тhanks, Pietro.
Is it possible to take a shot of the paper at 2-3cm distance? Something like this (at high resolution): http://www.bgaudio.org/forums/download/file.php?id=5568&mode=view

Looking at the pitures of your site, I see your Yamamura driver has a ferrite magnet... Before I take a look at them, I was thinking it has massive alnico motor. I'm curious is there any alnico version of the driver...

Best Regards,
Peter

Тhanks, Pietro.
Is it possible to take a shot of the paper at 2-3cm distance? Something like this (at high resolution): http://www.bgaudio.org/forums/download/file.php?id=5568&mode=view

Looking at the pitures of your site, I see your Yamamura driver has a ferrite magnet... Before I take a look at them, I was thinking it has massive alnico motor. I'm curious is there any alnico version of the driver...

Best Regards,
Peter

The Cantus speaker (where suspensions and paper cone were completely hand made by Be Yamamura on a ferrite italian motor) never had a massive alnico motor.
I think you are speaking of some Lowther alnico speaker that had just a little cone modified by Bé when he was studying some prototypes of the Dionisio Spekers (like the 32).
For the pics tomorrow i do (as i am home), as i am not very good with pics, how have i to do to take e pic from a so short distance??
(thanx for explanation).
:)
Best regards,
Pietro
But when Yamamura Churchill was created, they produced

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.