what makes a loudspeaker "full range"? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2004, 12:43 PM   #11
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.
Old 1st November 2004, 12:47 PM   #12
kneadle is offline kneadle  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to kneadle
Quote:
Originally posted by EC8010

Perhaps I shouldn't have been quite as precise,
Heh heh...you should try being a college prof outlining exam requirements

Dave
Old 1st November 2004, 01:02 PM   #13
MEXXX is offline MEXXX  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MEXXX Send a message via MSN to MEXXX Send a message via Yahoo to MEXXX
I know this is completely off topic and apologize, but I see your from Buffalo kneadle and I'm curious as to which college you work at. I live in Amherst and work at the University of Buffalo. I'm not a college professor though, just a lowly state worker.

MEXXX
Old 1st November 2004, 01:04 PM   #14
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by kneadle
Heh heh...you should try being a college prof outlining exam requirements

Dave
Been there, done that. I know exactly what you mean. The more you define things the more people point out exceptions. It's better to have a looser definition - then nobody can pin you to it!
Old 1st November 2004, 01:12 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MEXXX
I know this is completely off topic and apologize, but I see your from Buffalo kneadle and I'm curious as to which college you work at. I live in Amherst and work at the University of Buffalo. I'm not a college professor though, just a lowly state worker.

MEXXX
I am a professor of Old Testament at Concordia Seminary at Brock University; that's in St. Catharines Ontario. Small potatoes, but I deal with GRADUATE students who cavil over every stinking detail. And if you've ever looked at the Old Testament/Hebrew scriptures, it's got a lot of details! Augh!

By the way, I just moved here this summer. I really like Buffalo-Niagara. It is a pleasant place to live if I could not continue in my beloved St. Louis.

Oh, and to return us to the regularly scheduled programming of this thread, there's an electronics store about a mile from my house in Riverside: American Electronics (?) I'm heading there today to see what they've got.

Is there a DIY club or something less formal in Buffalo?

Dave
Old 1st November 2004, 01:28 PM   #16
MEXXX is offline MEXXX  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MEXXX Send a message via MSN to MEXXX Send a message via Yahoo to MEXXX
Quote:
Is there a DIY club or something less formal in Buffalo?
I'm also somewhat of a newcomer to the area and haven't met any persons or groups as interested in DIY home audio as I am.

If you ever happen to find any be sure to let me know, I'll do the same.

MEXXX
Old 1st November 2004, 01:32 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Will do.
Old 1st November 2004, 04:35 PM   #18
MJK is offline MJK  United States
Account disabled at member's request

kneadle,

I noticed the other day that your location had changed form St Louis to Buffalo. Welcome to the western part of NY. Now if we could only find an audio group/venue in Syracuse we could meet half way.
Old 1st November 2004, 04:50 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

My cup runneth over! I didn't know that I was near Clifton Park. It seems that my move to Buffalo was closer to one pole of the tri-pole DIY universe.

Those poles are: Somewhere west of Toronto, somewhere in Northern Europe, and somewhere in Eastern Australia...

Anyway, I'm being silly. The area is rich with DIYers. I went to that electronics store on Vulcan here in the northwestern corner of the city. Its name is actually Radio Equipment Corporation, and it is AWESOME. The only thing they didn't have was a variac, which is why I went. So I bought a set of alligator clips and promised to come back.

Transistors, capacitors, resistors, shrink tubing--shrink tape--pots, switches, used drivers, kits, and a whole warehouse besides. Oh! It was magnificent!

Wow...I'm flush with excitement. I need to finish up my current full range speaker project and get on with my BrianGT Gainclone with its Nuuklear reactor preamp.

Willikers!

Dave
Old 1st November 2004, 06:36 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

There's that "willikers" word again

Hide this!Advertise here!