Lowther Choice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Frankie168 said:

Which lowther drive will work perfect in Medallion Cabinets?

I am not actually familiar with the Medallion Cabinets.

But I would go with the PM5A out pf the ones you mentioned. it is a very well thought of driver.

I looked for a used pair _long time_ and never found any at a decent price. Bought DX4's used.

Regards

Ken L

Jennifer Crock used my PM7As when she designed and voiced the original Medallion cabinet project for Tony Glynn at Lowther America.

Over the years, I bought a pair of PM5As from Tony, and tried various other drivers that Tony got in (PM2A, DX2 are ones that spring to mind).

I was never happy with the PM5As in the Medallions. The balance was too hot. The PM2A were OK (Tony's preference), but every time I visited a local friend that bought Jennifer's prototype pair of Medallions I much prefered those with some PM7As that he bought. Much more balanced with more substantial bass. A little less treble, but if you sit in the sweet spot, about 15 degrees off axis, a very natural sounding combo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.