Jordan JX92S with notch filter??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That Jordan is a very good fullrange speaker on of the best in its kind i think use the following Filter components:

L = 0,82 mH air-core inductor 2,00 mm wire, R = 0,15 W (tolerance max 2%)

C = 4,7mF MKP polypropylene foil capacitor - Audyn Cap Plus, Mundorf Supreme Cap or Solen Fast Cap (tolerance max 2%)

R = 10 W 10 watts metal film resistor (tolerance max 2%)

BTW There is a test in Klang+Ton (nr. 6-2004)

Ok. Thank you very much !!

I don´t know where i can get that Klang+Ton magazine, but i have read test in hifi-lehti, but they didn´t use notch filter, so thats why i asked.

I haven´t yet build those speakers, but when i finish those i test first without the filter and then i test with the filter.

I asked this same question in hifi-lehti forum and one user who have build these speaker said, that no need for notch filter.He said that hi-frequenses sound good without filter.
but the filter i quess is not expencive or hard to build so no harmful if try with and without filter.

Almost all fullrange speakers need a baffle step correction circuit called BSC using this you get more bass..

read this:
The crossover network

Initial idea: What crossover? Where? The tonal balancing was first done by adding and removing damping material, trying different types and combinations of damping material and playing around with the place of the damping material. So the driver was connected directly to the binding-posts with no crossover component in between.

But after extensive listening to all types of music (also bad-recordings and pop-music) I decided to add a correction network after all – without a correction network the midrange could get a little “hollow” some times. All that is used here is a simple notch filter to lower the midrange output level to match the bass and treble better. Even though the drivers used are rather cheap I would advise to use the best filter components you can get (there are only four per speaker so I won’t cost that much). The inductor must have an air-core for no saturation and low distortion. The lower Rdc the better, it improves bass response and mid-range attack. It is amazing how sensitive the capacitor is, using a standard Audyn Cap MKP or similar is a waste! A good price/quality ratio is achieved with a LeClanché or Mudorf M-Cap capacitor. When a high-end Audyn Cap Plus or Mundorf Supreme Cap is used the amount of extra clarity and detailing is surprising. I used a metal oxide resistor, here again personal taste will determine what is needed, standard cemented resistors are out of the question.

i am planning to build a ml tl ( massload TL) with a Fostex FE 167 E fullrange speaker...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.