Zobel with Jordan JX92s fullrange?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cheesehead said:
Have you thought of running the Jordans sealed? They should give a f3 of ~80 Hz in a 7.5 L volume... I know there are some posts on this on the fullrange forum.
Yup I did. but I have a strange way of working. I prefer to look at all options. besides I live in india and they only way we can get drivers here are a reasonable cost if a few of us get together on a purchase. so if i get 5 JX92s and convince a few of my friends to get some drivers (from the same retailer) then we save on shipping costs. since duties and taxes are on CIF it helps. by using the same driver in different systems i get to convince some friends to get 2 or 3 (rear and center) etc... so while i use them in 5 channels, another friend will use them as a PC system and another as center and rear only etc...i hope to collect a lot of say 20 drivers before ordering. so far 5 JX92 and 2 FX120 for me.

thanks for all the help.

Re: Jordans at Madisound???

tcpip said:

Are you sure? I didn't see any mention of Jordans on the Madisound catalog; ..but you seem to have got the price right: they are quoting USD 140.

u are right. maybe i forgot where i was looking. i had researched the prices some time ago. my budget was for a fullrange under $150 that worked well (95db at 100Hz+, neutral yet lively) in 12 liters or under with no tweeter and only a HT sub for the low end. I ended up with 2 choices - Fostex FX120 and Jordan JX92. Now it seems I might get both. 2 FX120 and 5 JX92. the sad part is that the apt where i intend to house these 2 systems along with one more for which i already have the components is not ready yet. so i will wait a bit before ordering just in case Fostex revises the FX120 or Jordan the JX92.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.