Coral Flat-10 (Beta Look-Alike) 10" Fullrange Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Coral Flat-10 (Beta Look-Alike) 10" Fullrange Drivers

Can anyone help me with addtional information on these speakers I just purchased? They're called Coral Flat-10. They look alot like the Coral Betas. They're 8 ohm and handle 40W. I will post some pictures to help. Any info is GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• coral flat-10 side.jpg
    coral flat-10 side.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,415
Re: www.eastmarinedrive.com

thetubeguy1954 said:
Mr. Skinny, you said "For a good website on Coral speakers try www.eastmarinedrive.com. Lots of info,including original Coral cabinet plans. Good luck!" I tried the link but it won't open are you sure you typed it correct or that it's still up & running?
Looks like an extra "." worked its way into the url. Try this one:

http://www.eastmarinedrive.com/

Hope nobody minds me stepping in, but I happened to see what the problem was right away.

I'm A Bumbling Twit

I cannot believe that I didn't notice the . at the end of the web address. Thanks, it's a wonderful site. In case anyone is interested, there's a pair of the Coral Flat-8's on ebay as I'm writing this. If it's NOR against the rules I'd like to invite all you nice filks here to check out:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/singleendedtriodes/

My online audio group for ANYONE who loves audio/music, but geared towards SET.

Coral Flat 10's

Hi everyone: I can get my grubby hands upon a pair of Coral Flat 10's for a fairly low price...and they are in sensational condition (????) however, what could I put them in? Scottmoose & Dave you both recently completed some brilliant work for a custom Vifa project for me recently, and I shouldn't even be considering another project...however, the Corals have come to my attention and it is just so hard to walk away from them...PLUS, my Fostex BiB Fe167e continue to impress making it impossible to NOT consider a further pair of Full Range......your work with the Alpair 12's (the air coupler is fantastic)......could something like that be adapted for the Corals... or is it time to enlist you guys again? Or do I simply buy the Alpair 12's make the couplers as set in the plans on the webpage and forget about the old Corals. It is so hard to decide! Can you guys help me? Kind Regards: Dave

AFAIK useful parameters for the Corals are few & far between & unless you can measure that specific pair (pretty much vital when working with vintage drivers) you're shooting blind & you'd have to fall back on running OB with supporting woofers, or a trad. (v. large) BR alignment which you'd then need to spend a long time dialing in.

I'd go with the Alpairs. They're streets ahead of the Corals technically, you know exactly what you're dealing with & there are plenty of good box options available with them. Leave vintage units for those who are into vintage hifi.

Ok Scottmoose: thanks so much for the advice. Alpair 12's in your superb design as per site...(the air coupler is simply a work of art)....or, now that I have your attention and before I buy a pair of Alpair 12's, or Corals etc, or anythijng else; should I go for something else? Your advice is always well recieved mate. An ultimate Single driver......could be............
Kind Regards: Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.