2 to 3.5" beauty queen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a recommendation for full range driver between 2 and 3.5 inches in size that looks as great as it sounds. Would like it to have a fairly hot top end like the speaker it will be replacing, a Faital Pro 3fe25, which sounds great but looks pretty miserable and cheap.

Would like it to be around 90db or I would consider combining two for more efficiency like this Fountek fr59exe I found which looks great and is 85.6. I haven't heard it and it doesn't look very hot on top but I do like the look of it. If anyone has experience with it or the older 58 version let me know your impressions.

fountek fr59exe 2" - Google Search

Faital Pro 3fe25, which sounds great but looks pretty miserable and cheap.

I don't think that at all. I think it's a well made driver and one of my favorite 3" drivers. I know there's a lot hate for the mounting tabs but i kind of like them and hey you gotta love the 91dB SPL. I'm currently working on a mini (8) line array for a smallish room.

Would like it to be around 90db or I would consider combining two for more efficiency like this Fountek fr59exe I found which looks great and is 85.6. I haven't heard it and it doesn't look very hot on top but I do like the look of it. If anyone has experience with it or the older 58 version let me know your impressions.

I have the FR58EX too. It is amazing the sound quality that comes from this little 2" driver. It almost seems impossible. It is very smooth, but like the 59 not very hot on top.

Just turn off the lights....works for millions of lonely people everyday.

All the pretty fullrangers(mid tweets) are off a few db from the Faital. Maybe find a way to dress it up. Mount it on the back as perceval said and maybe spray paint some rose gold on the cone.

I've thought about mounting it on the back or a grill.

I think I'm probably looking for an excuse to build another speaker and I am a big fan of Tang Band, the Faital running full range helps give my w5-1611 a little extra sparkle up top and more dispersion. They just work great together.

The 1878 looks awesome and happens to be on sale at PE for $87. Nice. The reviews on the 2141 are really good too.

I have actually heard the tangband 1878 before and it sounds pretty nice. The thing is, that tangband is designed to go full range. Low Fs and generous excursion would mean, you can probably go 70Hz in a bass reflex without much issue. You might want to pair with a much bassier speaker for true full range. I have paired my Faitalpro 3fe22 "with the tangband 1139 with excellent success... I am sure it will be easier on the tangband 1878

Oon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.