Frugal Horn Mk3 Flat Paks in states?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Look, I'd be more than happy to buy them from Planet 10 if they still offer them. I can't seem to find them on their website as being available. I'm in the states, thus I asked if anyone supplied them in the states, primarily because the Planet 10 website isn't clear on them.

They show the price but also say:
"We are unable at this point to accept any orders for speakers or flat-paks other than what we already have on hand."

Where are you located, Phil? I assume Alabama, but.... I ask because if you were in Colorado I could cut them for you if Planet authorized.

Yes, the Planet10 speaker building robot will be fully retired from service at the end of this month, and the last several small batches ran into numerous occurrences of Murphy’s law.
I would have thought it just coincidental that that was the brand name of the plywood used, but perhaps not?

maybe Cal will put a little more lighten-up sauce in his holiday ceasar.
I think I need a smiley emoticon sometimes. I was actually laughing when reading Tony's response. I was just hoping it didn't put AP off, that's all. Matter of fact I'm still smiling, can't you guys look through your computer and see that? Man this technology is so old.

Yes, the Planet10 speaker building robot will be fully retired from service at the end of this month, and the last several small batches ran into numerous occurrences of Murphy’s law.
I would have thought it just coincidental that that was the brand name of the plywood used, but perhaps not?

Are you just ending this product? Are you considering a different business model like licensing, full-size plans for purchase, partnering, etc. Just asking, I have no idea what your numbers looked like.

Tony - just to be clear, I can only speak for myself as the aforementioned “robot”. Retiring on Aug 3rd, after 25yrs working full time as office manager/delivery grunt for local “cabinet shop”, where access to bigger and better woodworking toys that the average guy could never afford was like being a kid in a candy store - but time marches on.

The other questions are for Dave to address.

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have been encourging others to start their own cottage industry based on the Frugel-Horn designs for a long time. So far the only one that has seemed to catch is KJF audio (and to a lesser extent Custom CANs) in the UK. A few have come & gone.

Part of the point of the FHs was to provide a solid, versatile next to free set of speaker designs that someone could use to leverage their own cottage based business.

As Chris alludes we will no longer have access to the $1M + tools & equipment we have enjoyed ever since Chris & i hooked back up near the turn of the century. Most of the over 100 pairs we made shipped into the US.

Unless sufficient mana falls from heaven to allow us to rent/lease/buy a suitable shop and populate it with at least a couple hundre thousand dollars worth of tools, or find an approachable person who already has, P10-hifi will soon be completely out of the flat-pak business, just need to clear out current inventory — mostly small boxes for FF85wk & Alpair 5.2.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.