Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NorthWest Audio Show UK anyone?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2018, 02:41 PM   #1
orangeart is offline orangeart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default NorthWest Audio Show UK anyone?

Time for this great show once more!! I jut wanted to see who is coming this year? It would be great to meet a few more of you. I'll mainly be in the Watt room (and the bar) both days. I posted below about what I'll be showing which should be of interest to some of you speaker building DIYers.

I'm going to shake things up a bit this year to make it a little more exciting. We've got talks and demos in our room on both days. Of course there will still be plenty of time to have a sit down and listen to some tunes and ask questions. We'll keep the talks and demos down to about 15 mins so they won't take to much time out of your schedule.

There will be new product releases as well. I'll have the prototype for the much anticipated N-core based amplifier I've been designing and we will have new drivers from the Markaudio stable to show as well, these haven't been released or even left the factory yet so you guys will literally be the first to see them. As always Mark has pushed the boundaries of what is possible with a wide-band driver even further.

This is the best show in the UK calendar, free entry, free parking, loads of great exhibitors, there is even a new mobile app to help plan your day, just search for 'audio show 2018' on your mobile device.

Well worth a trip. I might even have some discounts to hand out!!

Saturday

11:00 Speaker kit build demo

12:30 Scott Lindgren talks speaker cabinet design

2:00 Speaker kit build demo

3:30 Mark Fenlon - Driver designer - talks driver design

4:45 Speaker kit build demo

Sunday

11:00 Speaker kit build demo

12:30 Mark Fenlon - Driver designer - talks driver design

2:00 Speaker kit build demo

3:30 Scott Lindgren talks speaker cabinet design
Old 16th June 2018, 08:24 AM   #2
Alistair72 is offline Alistair72  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Is there a date? I can’t see one.
Old 16th June 2018, 09:09 AM   #3
Scottmoose is offline Scottmoose  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

23 - 24 June 2018.

North West Audio Show
Old 16th June 2018, 09:12 AM   #4
Alistair72 is offline Alistair72  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks Scott
Old 17th June 2018, 07:50 AM   #5
orangeart is offline orangeart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Only a week to go, I better get my **** together!
Old 17th June 2018, 06:49 PM   #6
IslandPink is offline IslandPink  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I might come over on the Sunday . Not been before, be good to catch up, Scott. I believe Nick will be there with some kit ?
Old 18th June 2018, 07:16 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I think so; be good to see you if you can make it.
Old 24th June 2018, 08:21 PM   #8
zman01 is online now zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Gents, how did it go?
Old 24th June 2018, 08:53 PM   #9
MattSug is offline MattSug  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Just seen this thread! What a shame would love to have attended.
Old 25th June 2018, 09:57 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Next time then.

It all went very well; Stefan, Mark & even my 'short' talks seemed to be well-received, Stefan's pensil & Frugel Horns kits were liked & the commercial MA-S room next door went down well too. Cheers to everyone who came by to both rooms to say hello; hope you liked them & if you didn't, that's fine too. The North West Audio Show is well worth a visit; nice atmosphere, a lot more relaxed than some of the others & it's great that they're happy to have kit speaker producers exhibiting, having talks etc. I always enjoy it. Hard work, but well worth it.

I had the opportunity of a brief womble around to listen to some of the other rooms; as usual with shows there were some very good systems & some shockingly bad setups too. I won't mention any names in the latter category as that isn't fair given that I wasn't a purely neutral attendee. It does make you wonder what the comparative basis was though. One room I did like was MCRU's about 3 doors up; nice big TLs, very well balanced system that didn't draw attention to itself & got out of the way of what it was playing. Big thanks owed to Dave of MCRU anyway for the loan of his Longdog Audio monoblocks. There were some nice setups elsewhere too of course. Looking forward to next year.

NorthWest Audio Show UK anyone?Hide this!Advertise here!