Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Small full range
Small full range
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2018, 10:52 AM   #1
Olivetta is offline Olivetta  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Small full range

hi guys

I'm a new in this world and I'm looking for something like this:

Selbstbau Klangriesen, Lautsprecher - HIFI-FORUM

Sameone know same project like that?

maybe sameone are able to tell me sometingh about the internal size or the crossower?

thanks for all your support.

best regards

Andrea
Old 6th June 2018, 05:17 PM   #2
jimbro is offline jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Small full range
Well I don't speaka the deutshe but I could tell it's a dayton rs100-8 driver. Check parts express for some similar designs. It's a full range driver so no crossover. I guess that's a bsc network in the photo? A cube is not really a good shape because all the dimensions are equal. Preferably you'd want all 3 dims different and to offset the driver on the baffle. You're not going to get get much bass below ~150hz out of this design and will need helper woofers. Search on WAW or FAST. There are other designs using this driver that will give you more bass. I have no experience with it but other members do and hopefully will chime in.
Old 6th June 2018, 07:43 PM   #3
friendly1uk is offline friendly1uk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Small full range
Hi Andrea.

That's a nice driver, but not the best value for money. There is a thread on the 'best bang for buck' drivers somewhere. Where all the tiny full ranges in general use are talked about.

Where are you, and is it a small box you must build?

Edit: Are, here it is Vifa TC9FD18-08 best bang for the buck

The glass version of this vifa is better, but doesn't have the top end extension. It's $9 at the moment, and placed quite near it's $80 cousin in sound. So while the cheaper TC wins over the TG at RRP, the TG is better and at the moment cheaper. A for-sale advert for these is open, as used equipment, which if outside the states, might save on taxes. In 3 liters they almost extend down to 100hz. Where a woofer could be used.

Last edited by friendly1uk; 6th June 2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 6th June 2018, 11:07 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Ok here si The tingh

I live in Italy

Europe

I ma looking for something small and flat

They will be the suuround and the Atmos

If they will be able to go down the 70herz it copule be better but if they will be arrive on 100 here it will be ok

In Italy is little bit difficoukt to find the right driver

And I could be arrive on 13 cm like a dimension but I would prefer the possibility that I could do slim

Wha do you suggested?

Thanks Andrea
Old 6th June 2018, 11:10 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I know that it is a full range but like you can see in the link they use something’inside like a small crossover for the high frequency
Old 6th June 2018, 11:46 PM   #6
jimbro is offline jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Small full range
Like I said, it could be a bsc - BSC made simple (and why it may be important to you) – Audioblog. or maybe with a zobel. Unless there are drivers involved that I don't see then it is not a crossover. Would be nice if I could read it. When you say you are looking for something flat, do you mean with a flat response or a flat enclosure?
Old 7th June 2018, 01:16 AM   #7
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Small full range
As has been said, a cube is not the best shape. And MDF is not the best material.

If you need slim and small you probably want a 3 or 3.5” driver. One can get down into the 1.5-2.5 litre volume range, vented to be able to reach into the 70 Hz range.

There are lots of them. Of the ones i have heard and comment on the Mark Audio Alpair 5.2 & FF85wk are our favourites. The larger Alpai r6.2m or p as well. The Vifa TG9 is the next tier down along with Aura NS3 and FOuntek FR88ex. The aforementioned TC9 i found very dissapointing and haven’t even been able to give them all away.

In Europe there are also Visatons and Monacors we rarely see and Tangband are popular.

Alpair 6.2p in a 2.5 litre miniOnken.

dave
Old 7th June 2018, 05:15 AM   #8
hollowboy is offline hollowboy  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivetta View Post
I ma looking for something small and flat

They will be the suuround and the Atmos

If they will be able to go down the 70herz it copule be better but if they will be arrive on 100 here it will be ok
Small and flat are easy, but anything small that gets to 70Hz will have very low efficiency. 100Hz is probably a better target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivetta View Post
In Italy is little bit difficoukt to find the right driver
Italy has Faital Pro, they have been discussed many times on this forum.

If ordering from elsewhere Europe is easy, check out the Visaton B80 or the Scanspeak full range drivers.

The low budget option: Digikey stocks some of the Peeerless full range drivers, and they do free shipping.
Old 7th June 2018, 05:48 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

For flat

I mean the shape of the box

For exemplar right now I have a Fountek FE85 and I pit indie a a box like 20 x20 x6 cm it has a very good sound except for the bass that of course are very limited

I am looking for a full range (4” it could be ok to that give me a more bass response but with te amazing full range sound.

I saw that I could take the Vifa in Germany for 15 € plus sheepment

There are same competitor ?

I can manage to spend more if the quality it is Mach better
Old 7th June 2018, 05:54 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

I saw the minionken
They are to depth 30 cm......no way

I need something like 10cm max less it is could be better

Essenziale I want something with the depth of the ap

Small full rangeHide this!Advertise here!