What woofer for WAW?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering what experiences people have had in terms of woofers that work well as assistants for a widebander (WAW)?

Some have suggested MA A12P or PW but these are quite pricey down our way.
And the CSS SDX7 is no longer available.

I've tried B200s and Betsy K in sealed enclosures but these don't go so low, though what they do sounds okay in my system.

So any suggestions, particularly those that work well and don't cost the earth, would be appreciated.

I've tried B200s and Betsy K in sealed enclosures but these don't go so low, though what they do sounds okay in my system.

So any suggestions, particularly those that work well and don't cost the earth, would be appreciated.

If you want low and a simple box or H frames you'll need size. The GRS line is quite cheap and delivers bass, for example their 15" is quite popular.

An 8" or 10" can give you the lows in a quarter-wave enclosure.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Some have suggested MA A12P or PW but these are quite pricey down our way.
And the CSS SDX7 is no longer available.

A12p is not a suitable bass driver. A12pw has the same outward appearance but is a different beast.

CSS is thinking about bringing back the SDX7… poke them.

There are lots of suitable midbasses. Get the modeler out and see what low end you can get out of the drivers easily available. And they need good higher frequency capability, at least 1kHz, more is better.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.