Coral 4A-70 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, picked up a pair of small AWA speakers each with a single Coral 4A-70 driver, wondering what else they might be better in? maybe a pair of folded horns? I have a plan from a German website I found years ago, think from memory I made a pair using some Realistic drivers and they sounded pretty good.

Richard

Hi, picked up a pair of small AWA speakers each with a single Coral 4A-70 driver, wondering what else they might be better in? maybe a pair of folded horns? I have a plan from a German website I found years ago, think from memory I made a pair using some Realistic drivers and they sounded pretty good.

Richard
By chance do they have a piezo tweeter as well?

No piezo tweeters, just the Coral drivers by themselves, one to each box.

Attachments

• Coral 4A-70-1.jpg
    Coral 4A-70-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 175
  • Coral 4A-70-2.jpg
    Coral 4A-70-2.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Coral 4A-70-3.jpg
    Coral 4A-70-3.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 147
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
If you are referring to the cornucopya as built here, it's called foam core board . It's paper faced polystyrene and comes in 20"x30" x 3/16" thick sheets and is found at dollar stores and elsewhere. There is an expensive version used as poster display boards but the cheap stuff is usually used to back a picture inside a frame. It costs only a dollar or two per sheet. Here's the thread if that's the way you decide to go. Dave also has good ideas about little drivers like that.

Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

No piezo tweeters, just the Coral drivers by themselves, one to each box.
Must have been after my time. I designed a speaker using a 4A70 and a piezo tweeter as a lunchtime project while I was there. The marketing guy liked it and they put it into production. I also did a PA speaker with angled front faces using 4 of the drivers on each of the two front faces. One set of those was used for PA duties by the Roger Fox Big Band for a few years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.